why do tacoma's hold their values so insanely well?

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
But who wants a used and abused full-size? They are a dime a dozen, get shittier had mileage, don't have as nice interiors, and I'd wager that those Tacos holds up much better mechanically in the long run.

Just because Silverados and F150s DON'T hold their value worth a shit, doesn't mean the Tacoma should suffer.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
But who wants a used and abused full-size? They are a dime a dozen, get shittier had mileage, don't have as nice interiors, and I'd wager that those Tacos holds up much better mechanically in the long run.

Just because Silverados and F150s DON'T hold their value worth a shit, doesn't mean the Tacoma should suffer.

shittier gas mileage? do tacomas average over 22mpg no matter what or something?

and who said used and abused full size? you can get a whole lot of gas truck for 13k

and better mechanically- in some areas... but when something goes on one of them it is a shit ton more to fix.

I think the tacoma's do just primarily due to an awkward cult following.

I mean these are all trucks I would buy far before a midsized tacoma...

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4156801402.html

here is a great example... why would you buy a 6 cylinder tacoma that 2 good sized adults can barely fit in when you can buy this 2500 6.0 super clean silverado for 3k less...

2008 TOYOTA TACOMA 4x4

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

lol at as nice as interiors.... this f-150's interior is 1000x better than the toyotas....

2005 FORD F-150 SUPERCREW- LARIAT

and the truck is 4k less.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
annnnnd the troll is strong in this one.

My points initially were reasonable. Valid possibilities for why they hold their value so well, but occasionally you just get your ass handed to you so hard that you have no choice but to trololololol along until you stop crying.

So, congratulations, you win. You proposed a question, I tossed out some thoughts, you killed them and put their heads on sticks.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
UMAD.gif

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
One of the reasons I bought new was because I could get it cheaper than used. I was looking in late 2011 at used 2011's and they were asking more than invoice new. So I went and bought new.

I think they hold their value because $250k+ miles seems to be the norm. They just keep going. The only thing I hate is the gas mileage. 16/20 for a V6 truck is not good, even two years ago.

I might be selling mine because I am getting pushed into another division up in Vernon Hills. Going home is hours of stop and go and the truck is going to eat gas. If anyone wants to drive the Tacoma, I am usually available in the evenings. A couple of people from this forum have already driven it.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
You answered your question in your first post. Dead nuts reliable and tough as nails chassis.

My brother has an 88....its a complete hunk of shit with 230k miles but it's still kicking. If it was a domestic it would probably just be a pile of rust with 4 tires around it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info