Cars that you initially hated and then grew to love

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I was chatting my little bro up yesterday about cars and we got to talking about the Audi A7. How when it first came out I remember seeing one on the street and literally wondering how anyone could bring themselves to buy something so ugly on purpose. Now I love the car.

The MKZ would be another example. They were teasing that car as the savior of Lincoln for a good year and I just remember thinking how odd and ugly it was and that nobody would buy it. Now I think it's one of the best looking cars on the road.

What say you TCG?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Perfect example: The bugeye wrx. The GC impreza was my idol growing up, being a child of gran turismo. Then they redesigned it. I even remember the first time I saw one in person after they first came out. I was walking thru the ECC parking lot and there was a yellow one sitting there. UGLY. Fast forward about 3 years, theres one sitting in my driveway. Even now i still miss that car. But i still think the gc's are the best.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was chatting my little bro up yesterday about cars and we got to talking about the Audi A7. How when it first came out I remember seeing one on the street and literally wondering how anyone could bring themselves to buy something so ugly on purpose. Now I love the car.

The MKZ would be another example. They were teasing that car as the savior of Lincoln for a good year and I just remember thinking how odd and ugly it was and that nobody would buy it. Now I think it's one of the best looking cars on the road.

What say you TCG?

I did the same thing with the a7, the mkz from the get go i thought looked awesome...

panamera for me... i at first wasn't a fan, now i love them and would rock the fuck out of one.

another one for me are jeep commanders, if lifted... stock height they are fucking terrible... lifted makes them fucking sweet.

barf

Jeep-Commander.jpg

schwinnnnng

30388710015_large.jpg

5865850224_51704be11d_z.jpg

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Originally, I hated the way the 1936 Fords looked. My father was looking for a ' 32,and stumbled upon a 1936 for a good price. He wound up buying it (sight unseen-which pissed my mother off to no avail.-however,he did have a friend look at it for him) and had it shipped 700 miles.

When the car arrived and was unloaded, I swear my mother was going to blow up the entire garage. I wasn't crazy about the car either, but its my dads prerogative of what he wants to do with his time and money. After helping my father fab some floor pans and working on the interior,the car turned out pretty cool. The main thing is, my father loves it and drives it all over McHenry. He's even trailered it to a few NSRA events across the country. I wouldn't exactly say, "I love the car", but it has made me appreciate the older cars-esp. Ford flatheads.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Im on my phone and uploaded a few pics of the '36...which is why I double posted...my bad. Those are my GF's kids in the back, which kinda made me jealous. When that pic was taken, it was the 1st time someone had sat in the rumble seat. I helped build the car, I helped install the interior and even helped install the darn rumble seat...and I never got to ride back there ~:-(

Anyway, here are a couple of pics so you know what I'm talking about...

20130721_094328_zps23815f00.jpg

2012-12-22233107_zps743dc488.jpg

...BTW...thats my G-92 optioned 1991 T/A vert under the lift...

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Good looking clean hatch and wagons, audi/volvo/vw/Mazda

Anyone that makes hatches or wagons I always thought they were ugly, but they look dope when they are lowered a little bit!

Like the nissan versa hatch

I would rock it as a daily.
3u7eda4a.jpg

But that Nissan juke is ugly I don't think it will ever grow on me.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Lincoln MKS (although I don't mind the Z either). When I first saw it I always thought it was a ridiculously overpriced Taurus SHO (and in some cases it still might be). But then I was getting our SUV serviced and checked it out in person, even test drove a new 13... Love it. Would probably buy one too in a couple years used and throw a tune on it. Inside is sooooo nice.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Lincoln MKS (although I don't mind the Z either). When I first saw it I always thought it was a ridiculously overpriced Taurus SHO (and in some cases it still might be). But then I was getting our SUV serviced and checked it out in person, even test drove a new 13... Love it. Would probably buy one too in a couple years used and throw a tune on it. Inside is sooooo nice.

I wasn't that much of a fan... I put 800 miles on one in four days, I think a 300 is a way better value for similar money and also much nicer

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Buick regal, the 85+ gnx.

I never really liked it, because low riders and donk cars.

But then I saw it on the 4th fast and furious movie and it looked bad ass!
I would like to own and build one, One day, swapping and ls engine in to it, or maybe even a 2jz or rb20. That would be bad ass! Keep it all stock in the outside besides the wheels.

The new Explorer. I was a big fan of the last few years of the old body style, and thought the new one looked like shit, but the more I see them the more it grows on me. I'd love to get my hands on an Interceptor Utility, the beefed up suspension and drivetrain makes the new body style even more awesome.

I still don't like it, it looks to bubble shape / round to me :/ I like the other ones tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info