How the hell do you remove breakaway bolts/screws!

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
How the hell do you remove breakaway bolts/screws!?

Drill won't fit!!!!

Any advice?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383342768774.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383342768774.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 510

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Easy outs suck dick. I'd say drill it out with a 90* drill if you can't get at it any other way. Is that a steering column? Wtf am I looking at?

Welding a nut on broken off bolts works well too (though probably not here). It heats up the metal nicely and allows you to get a wrench on it

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Easy outs suck dick. I'd say drill it out with a 90* drill if you can't get at it any other way. Is that a steering column? Wtf am I looking at?

Welding a nut on broken off bolts works well too (though probably not here). It heats up the metal nicely and allows you to get a wrench on it

steering column yes, it's the ignition cylinder that I need to remove.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Dremel didn't work because the screw is kinda deep and the dremel cut wheel or what ever didn't go far enough to cut it.

The screw is not expose from the sides or bottom :/ and I have limited space.

yeah I see that now that I am on my lap top.

is that coupler have any of the bolt exposed around the outer portion of the shaft(90* to the bolt) can you see the bolt there and cut? if so I'd try a cutoff wheel there. cut one off and the clamp will be separated then take the other bolt off

I am also not sure what it is I am looking at

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
So, the heads are designed to be tamper resistant? Wow, that's going to be a fucking bitch. If you have one a 90 degree air die grinder with some kind of pointed carbide is my best advice. Good fucking luck though, quite frankly I had to get a lock cylinder out in my van and the disk in the key slot that reinforced it was among the toughest fucking steel I have ever seen, it took a few drill bits out and the carbide worked on it but it was definitely trying. If you can get the whole assembly go for it is my vote. Is there a way to leave it on and get done what you need to possibly?

ED:

My vote is go to a JY, cut the fuck out of the other side than the saddle then go back to yours and cut the saddle. The other option is to make a new saddle piece up, but the caveat of that is if you find out that the piece has locating pins in it you're going to have to figure that out too and possibly with some precision. It looks to be pot metal so it probably isn't really weldable.

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Fuck the shit I'm really frustrated right now, I tried using a shizzle and hammer to try and make a slash on it, so I can put a screw driver, but for some reason I can't get it deep enough or wide enough.

I'm just going to order a push start button from eBay so I won't have to use the key/ignition cylinder to start the engine.

Time to watch some youtube videos, so I can have an idea on how to wire it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info