C7 close to hitting 10s already *10s achieved*

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i can only imagine how many hours on the dyno that thing has seen to play with the tune and see what the motor likes....

but then again someone may have a bro at gm feeding some sweet OEM R&D info regarding best power/tq/mpg from countless hours and years of developmental dyno/tune/durability testing.

remember that twin turbo setup spotted in that grainy GM pic of their gimbal mounted dyno a while back?

bigger things are undoubtedly in store.... but i bet that pump and injectors are larger or the displacement is lowered with the current components...(please dear god 302dz RPO ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

meh...time will tell

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
i can only imagine how many hours on the dyno that thing has seen to play with the tune and see what the motor likes....

but then again someone may have a bro at gm feeding some sweet OEM R&D info regarding best power/tq/mpg from countless hours and years of developmental dyno/tune/durability testing.

remember that twin turbo setup spotted in that grainy GM pic of their gimbal mounted dyno a while back?

bigger things are undoubtedly in store.... but i bet that pump and injectors are larger or the displacement is lowered with the current components...(please dear god 302dz RPO ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

meh...time will tell

The people at HP tuners cracked the tuning for the DI motors from the truck ECUs months back. Once the stingray hit the streets, they had software all ready to tune the new corvette. Then it was business as usual for the places like livernois to tune the new corvette.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The people at HP tunes cracked the tuning for the DI motors from the truck ECUs months back. Once the stingray hit the streets, they had software all ready to tune the new corvette. Then it was business as usual for the places like livernois to tune the new corvette.

just because the computer was cracked doesn't necessarily mean that it has been tuned to it's potential whatsoever.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
dear god, rough math with the largest bore i can figure on would put the rod/stroke ratio at damn near 2 to 1

that fucker would rev to the god damn moon.

and its not buisness as usual, remember they completly changed the whole methodology behind the ECM operation which means all the smaller guys are gonna be out of the game untill there is more knowledge/testing.

then again there's always spray and canned tunes

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
just because the computer was cracked doesn't necessarily mean that it has been tuned to it's potential necessarily whatsoever.

Totally agree. Tuning is always in practice. but your normal NA tune is not rocket science. Hell, they are still working on getting into the TI-VCT with the 5.0 coyote motor. Only a few tuners I know of know how to change the TI-VCT settings to make power other than just make the car cam at idle...lol

But yeah I agree. I will simplying posting that HP tuners is the brains behind the new GM LT1 tuning, and they released all the tools and templates to those tuning companies to tweak for their air and gas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info