ZX14R First Mods

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Day one of owning/driving my ZX the first thought was "this bike is too damn quiet". I was taught a quiet bike will get you run into quick. I believe if they cant see you at least they can hear you coming. With that said I looked around for new slip on's and just afford them. Don't get me wrong I love the look of the Brock's, Yoshi, and 2 Brother's. But I just spent a good bit of cask on the bike and riding accessories and cannot afford to piss the wife off any more than I already did.

Then I see this:http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/103537-exhaust-specials.html

The cost caught my eye then I googled and found their ebay store and won an auction for the C/F slip on's for $250.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200975342507?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I knew going into this it could be an complete loss because the slip on's are for a 2008~2011 ZX14R my bike is a 2013. I also read in a few threads where others have stated "there is no way 2011's will fit the new 2013". Anyway, I went out to the shop and started chopping, bending, and fabricating and I got them on. I removed the Jardine stickers on the cans and cleaned up the bike today and I think they look pretty good. They look even better considering I spent a whopping $250.00 on them. They sound pretty damn good too. Not crazy loud but way louder than stock. They really sound good when hitting the throttle and breaking down the gear pattern. Here are the pics:

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

While I was in the shop I got rid of the rear fender and built my own delete out of ABS plastic. The chrome stud is a LED tag light. When I get my permanent tag I'll install both in the correct location.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info