Best and worst cars you've owned

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
The worst car I've owned is by far my '90 CRX

Until the CEL came on, the car would Rev itself. Once the CEL came on, it drove okay. It was slammed with a body kit so it would go on a lift when I blew the clutch. Actually had to go the shop and take off the body kit. Finally, it had no heat. Went on a date back in the day and the chick had to keep wiping the windshield because it fogged up :picard:

The best car would have to be my Impala.

This car takes whatever I throw at it. It may not look very pretty up close but it's never left the stranded. With the car at 187k, and somewhere between 20-30k a year with it being my work car, it by far the best car I've owned. It's very comfortable, fits 5 people pretty well and I'm really interested to see how far I can actually take it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
My best car was my 07 Corvette C6. Had from new. Put 13k miles on it with half of those very hard blower miles. Made huge power and never had one issue. Cost almost nothing to own, and got almost all my money back from it when traded in.

Worst car was the 11 corvette gs. Had tons of fit and finish issues with the exterior and interior. Several minor mechanical issues, and it didn't make me feel like I was in a $65k car as stated on the window sticker. It was a mistake to buy and bigger mistake to sell one year out. Lesson learned.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
'08 evo x worst car ever. What a piece of shit.

IMG_1911.jpg

'05 s2000 best car ever, the other was was ok.

20130330_122009_zpsfb5dfe02.jpg

PICT0118.jpg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Worst Daily Driver Vehicles: 2004 Lincoln LS and 1980 Datsun B210

Best Daily Driver Vehicles: There have been so many and they each have their own personality. It is tough to choose - 1976 F250, 1979 Grand Prix, 1985 Firebird, 2003 Mustang Mach 1, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 F150

Yes, there were a number of vehicles in between that didn't make my list.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Worst was a 1989 Ford Tempo. In my youthful days I wasn't the hip, happening Mike K you've all come to l̶o̶v̶e̶ tolerate. I had 4 pairs of stick on tweeters at various places in the cabin, $29.99 Autozone lights in the bumper separated by about a foot, an MTX audio badge on my trunk (so I could tell people I was sponsored of course) and the nicest hub caps you could find. That car was such a heap but it was reliable.

Best I don't know... I've liked so many of my cars for so many different reasons. The A8 was the best at some things and the BMWs have been the best at other things. On paper my 535 would be the best I suppose.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
It's a toss up for me (good thread btw).

Worst would probably have to be my 1999 Grand Am GT. Some pricey repairs on internals. Just as bad was my 1999 GTP though --- and rust was starting to get the better of it.

Best so far is my 335i, but I've only had it for 2 months so that's not really fair.

So then I actually would go to my Grand Prix GXP which I know is an absolute gasp for most people. I think I just got incredibly lucky, the entire time I owned it I only had a few warranty repairs, and once it was out of warranty all I did was the brakes and oil changes. Never any problems, but I dumped it before I could catch a trans situation. Put 45K miles on it, and it treated me really well. I still miss that car and the V8 sometimes.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Worst: By far my 01 Taurus, suspension was shit, trans was on its way out for the second time, wound up having a rebuilt title, AC didn't work, airbag light, CEL, and got 17mpg highway.

Also should mention the 99 Taurus Wagon I had, 2 transmissions and finally sold it after the freeze plug rusted through.

Best: I'm really enjoying my recent DD, 98 Camry V6 (bought with 98k miles) have put almost 6k miles on it in the 3 months I've owned it. Needs shocks/tires but still rides decent is really good on gas and no leaks or mechanical issues.

The Mach was also good minus the clunky UPR front suspension and a brake pad rattle that I couldn't get rid of. Beat the shit out of that car and nothing ever broke, put over 100 passes on it the first year I owned it.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Worst: 1990 LeBaron 'vert. Ate BCMs and Head Units like they were candy and the POS 3L Mitsubishi "powering" the heap was painfully underpowered at the best of times and chewing up and spitting out HGs at the worst of times.

Best: 1988 Supra. Loved that car, from the deep and angry, yet refined rumble of the 7M, to the classic exterior styling, to the awesome (yet mint!) retro interior. I fucking adore MKIII's, though the next will be bow-tie powered, I will have another in the stable shortly. Bonus points for always getting asked about my "weird camaro" by the LEO when pulled over, along with people lighting up when I said I had a Supra, then watching their faces fall when they saw it wasn't "the one from Fast and Furious". :rofl:

Best/Worst: My Neon. It's immensely gratifying when it's right, nothing like reeling in 'Vettes with an econobox you've got maybe 15k tied into, But it's rarely 100% right. I suppose a downside of forcing double the factory output from a less than fresh decade old car, more oft than not beaten mercilessly by highschoolers their entire existence.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
Worst was a '91 Chevy Beretta... Drove for 1 month and blew head gasket that killed the motor.

Best... This is tough, either '69 corvette that was basically my first project car or '97 Trans Am that I spent wayyyyy too much money on but loved driving it everyday.

Also Subaru does fit in both... 06 STI. Subaru ftw/l

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info