2014 Hertz Penske GT

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Road & Track article :

The Rental: 2014 Hertz Penske Mustang GT

" There’s a 3.55 rear axle out back for quicker sprints off the line, a free-breathing intake, and a tweaked ECU for better throttle response. The big Brembo stoppers from the track package are along for the ride, as is the FRPP Handling Pack. The Hertz Penske GT sits a full inch lower than its production siblings, and while the springs are stiff, the ride isn’t exactly punishing.

The car also sports the best of everything from the Mustang aero catalog, including the Boss 302 front splitter and a GT500 rear valance. Inside, the factory bucket seats go the way of the dumpster in favor of a pair of optional, delicious Recaros. If it weren’t for the slushbox sitting between that barking 5.0 V8 and the rear axle, this would be the Mustang I'd build if Ford were foolish enough to let me loose in the factory. Penske built 10 examples of this car with a manual for company executives and other VIPs. They will never see the rental fleet . "

:ford:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
My buddy who works for them had one for a couple of days. It seemed pretty cool. It was automatic I am pretty sure as he doesn't know how to drive stick last I checked.

1262813_10102949262176770_531458544_o.jpg

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Another Road & Track article :

" The Hertz Penske GT is a 2014 Mustang GT, loaded up with all the good stuff (Brembos, the Recaros, etc), plus around $4,500 in Ford Racing Performance Parts (the Handling Pack, CAI tune, supplemental gauges, and GT500 mufflers to name a few). They're all black, dressed up with Penske Racing fender badges, a screaming yello offset hood/roof stripe, and the de rigeur door stripe. There are only 150, and it's the last special-edition Mustang of this generation.

Because the Penske GT is a rental car, and Americans no longer drive manuals, they're all automatics. Or at least that's what Hertz says. What they don't tell you is that cars #1–10 are all manuals, and they'll never enter the rental fleet. They're for VIPs like Roger Penske himself and Hertz execs. That's not rumormongering, either. One of the manual cars was on hand. You can see it here "

Attachments

• Hertz-Penske-GT-78-sm.jpg
    Hertz-Penske-GT-78-sm.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 108

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Because the Penske GT is a rental car, and Americans no longer drive manuals, they're all automatics. Or at least that's what Hertz says.

Why do they have an option on their Web site for "Preferred transmission: Automatic or Manual"?

I've tried a few times to rent a car with manual, but they never have any, despite the option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info