Repairs or upgrades you hate.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
I have seen a thread like this on another site. This thread is for those jobs you have done to a vehicle that is a f@$%ing nightmare and do not wish to do again.

I will start:

Water pump on a 95-99 dodge neon. Have to even lift the engine up a little.

Auto trans in a POS 88 Chevy Suburban. Really not a horrible job but it was in a gravel driveway in the middle of winter. Will never do that again.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Fuck I could go on forever with this being a professional mechanic.....

this exactly. i think the engineers should have to service the bullshit they come up with. i bet things would change really quick :rofl:

just a few though:
blower motor on mid 2000s bmws (maybe more years? :dunno:) first step is remove dash
anything on a pt cruiser, especially a timing belt/water pump. what a pile of garbage car.
spark plugs on a 3V after 100k miles. they almost always break off in the head :ford:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
2012-07-17_09-51-54_157.jpg

that's german engineering for ya

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Lets see here:

-ANYTHING on a fucking venture or similar. The fucking battery is a bastard even.
-Astro wise, the blower motors suck and plugs do until you get a SBC with headers. Amazingly enough it's easier to change 8 at that point than 6.
-hoisting 4L80Es. If I had a trans jack probably way better but lugging one of those beasts around is a back tearing out waiting to happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info