truck tires... General grabber AT2's vs. Goodyear Duratracs

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Looking to get tires soon for my new tow vehicle 1998 Ford Expedition, there is a lot of choices out there but I think I have narrowed it down to the two above.

The generals have good reviews online, come with a 50k warranty and are E load rated, the Duratracs also have good reviews but guys say they only get about 30-40k miles out of them but everybody swears by them and the E rated ones are a bit more expensive than the generals.

I will be using this as a winter vehicle too so the tires I buy must be good in the snow but also perform well in the rain, I know some AT tires suffer in wet conditions, anybody have experience with these two tires?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
general-grabber-at2.jpg

vs

0069766209238_500X500.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
My brother ran the AT2s on his 2wd dakota for about 50k ( probably more than 50K but he runs tires until the are slicks...and i mean bald )
My dad ran them on his durango for a while, then he traded it in.

Both say the tire was solid in all weather conditions

I have had the duratracs on my frontier for about 35k miles. They look great and drive great in all weather.
i believe new they had 18/32nds and when i had about 28k on them they were at 12/32nds

i'm hoping to get through the winter with them. ( 3k miles every 2 months )

an apprentice at our shop has them and he has about 50k on them and his tires are about at the wear indicators. he has a Silverado 2500 Diesel and he admits to driving like a douche and not rotating them enough.

i rotate mine every 3k miles with my oil change ( yes i do it myself )

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I feel like there is another thread on here as well about this.

I didnt do a search:s00ls:

My brother ran the AT2s on his 2wd dakota for about 50k ( probably more than 50K but he runs tires until the are slicks...and i mean bald )
My dad ran them on his durango for a while, then he traded it in.

Both say the tire was solid in all weather conditions

I have had the duratracs on my frontier for about 35k miles. They look great and drive great in all weather.
i believe new they had 18/32nds and when i had about 28k on them they were at 12/32nds

i'm hoping to get through the winter with them. ( 3k miles every 2 months )

an apprentice at our shop has them and he has about 50k on them and his tires are about at the wear indicators. he has a Silverado 2500 Diesel and he admits to driving like a douche and not rotating them enough.

i rotate mine every 3k miles with my oil change ( yes i do it myself )

Thanks thats the info i was looking for

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info