Doomsday ride today 10/6

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
def was a clusterfuck, but a great time overall....... was INSANE riding in a mob pack that size. Sharing a lane 3 wide with strangers is a really weird feeling. Went through at least 12-15 red lights, red light cam going nuts. Stunt show was pretty damn cool overall, there were a few minor crashes but overall they were decently respectful... I am editing footage now.

doomsday ride is basically a mob ride from Hooters in Schaumburg, all the way to a trainyard on Columbus way on the South Side. Its a mayhem ride eerily similar to the NY / Range rover incident, where bikers basically take over the interstate and congregate in large packs. Not exactly my thing, but fun to experience.

Prepping for the ride and the obligatory photoshoot:
1380501_10100600675738001_1261993515_n.jpg

at the meeting point

1268289_4883491745562_1263773476_o.jpg

1268280_4837568155738_1209115345_o.jpg

1390552_741078322573945_1457951406_n.jpg

and a YouTube vid I took... this was annoying as hell to me

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I've gone on the q101 rocket ride couple years ago. Left my house still drunk from night before, rode my 84 Yamaha virago w/my friends Buell plates, didn't have any yet. One friend rode his 03 Harley with string popping out tire other.not no much friend rode his rocket that could barely ride, to this day doesn't anymore scared.

Meet up with the group and some idiot rode a stolen bike there got arrested. Then the ride began. Faster bikes took off others blocked traffic, sometimes had to resort to sidewalk. Eventually made the highway SMS the stunters began. My only stunt was cruise control and riding on the back seat, couple small wheelies. Made it back to the dealership off Dempster watched Sox vs cubs and small parking lot.stunt show till.cops kicked everyone out.

Friend with Harley with no rubber left early was afraid of flat, crotch rocket.associate tried to keep up with me but i lost him in traffic. Idiot didn't know bikes don't sit in line we go between or around. I wasn't about to wait for him.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Ride was alright. Lots of people. I met up with about 40 bikes from Aurora. On the way there apparently we were supposed to get off the highway. So everyone tried cutting over to the left to get on the ramp last minute. Some cars got cut off. Big black dude gets out of his car and gets in one of our riders face and is screaming at him. Thought there was going to be a fight but the biker didn't react luckily.

When we got back on the highway another group came flying passed us doing wheelies and cutting off every car possible at 100+mph. Was just waiting for one of them to wreck.
On the actual ride I stayed closer to the back and ended up getting split up and sat on 290 with about 100 other bikers. Said F this and went home.

Oh and I can't tell you how many black range rovers I saw yesterday :rofl:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Personally, I think the various types of cruises - classic vehicles, bikes, trucks, sports cars, etc. are pretty fuck'n cool to watch and participate in. Respect the cruise and give them space on the road.

The problem is the immature jackasses who also participate. Besides feeding a negative stereotype, their actions potentially put others in harms way and/or lives in danger.

It's preferred; if you are going to act like an idiot, then do so on an abandoned road or area. Go nuts, wrap that $45k classic car around a tree or perform some crazy stunt on a bike at 80 mph that you haven't tried yet.

However, when participating in a cruise or anytime, keep the irresponsible behavior off the public roads where others are now at risk.

100% support/enjoy participating in cruises and hope they continue with as few incidents as possible. Last thing we need is the dipshit law makers writing more bullshit laws against our hobbies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info