Car wont start after cleaning throttle body?

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Yesterday I cleaned the throttle body of my s13 it was dirty! Using a throttle body cleaner. I put everything back to gather and now the car wont start! Wtf?

The engine turns over and sounds like it wants to start but it doesn't?

I have checked everything is connected right. I waited over night to see if it will start in the morning but it didn't :(

Any ideas?

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Took the plugs out. And I cleaned them put them in the oven for a bit. Then I put them back on, and it didn't want to start. I took off the fuel pump fuse and it started but it turned off right away.

I put the fuel pump fuse back on didn't want to start. I took it off and it started but died?

What the heck!

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
It is probably running rich and is running for a short bit when no fuel is being run through it off of whatever is in the rail etc. Doesn't quite make sense but only guess I have.

I had to pull the fuse to my fuel pump to clear a flood condition when my Z thought it's coolant was 0 degrees and was giving it way to much fuel.

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
How is your car stating with no fuel pump fuse? Either you are looking at your fuse panel wrong or your car has some major wiring nightmares.

It starts up but dies right away. Then it docent want to start.

Unless I put the fuse back on and try to started it with gas to the floor.
And if I do that then take off the fuse to the fuel pump it will start and died.

Lol the wiring is fine its all normal and stock, never been messed with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info