MY personal experiance with FAST Motorsports and the TRUTH why my car was down...

WonBadZ28

I am THEE Original GANGSTER
Sep 29, 2011
Crookfield, IL
So earlier this year I was introduced to Brandon and FAST Motorsports as a option for a future build I had in mind. After talking to Brandon for a few minutes I instantly got a great vibe and liked what he was saying. I was currently at the time a very happy customer of Speed Inc and had alot of decisions to make on which shop I was going to use for my build.

Well after long talks with SEVERAL people, racers, builders, tuners...pretty much everyone, I decided the right choice was to try Brandon out. This decision between Speed and FAST was a very tough one for me, as they both had alot to offer and were willing to offer me.

So a few weeks later I called Brandon and we spoke in great lengths about my goals in all aspects; streetablity, stealth (grudge racing), dyno goals, and track goals. The great thing about talking to Brandon, was when I was talking he listened. He did not try to sway me at all. He did not tell me my goals were unrealistic, he did not laugh at my goals, he simply listened. He let me build MY build and was their to guide me in that direction. When I finished going over MY goals, he simply said, 'let's make this happen". He put the pen to the paper, made a few calls and within a few days he personally contacted me back with cam specs. I looked em over, had some concerns about the specs in which he educated me on why he and the cam company picked what they picked. It all made sense. I gave my credit card over the phone and the project was underway...

Due to limitations in garage space, no free time, and a schedule I needed to fit, Brandon offered to assist me with the install. I dropped my car off and surgery was underway.

Now anyone who has been around the car industry long enough knows that timelines are VERY hard to meet, and unfortunately FAST is no different. FAST takes pride in their work, they check all angles, and try to make it right the first time, so with that being said, a few days past the tentative timeline I gave them was ok with me. It was worth the wait.

Background on my car prior to the cam swap was a full bolt on, that had a kit on it last season. I only made 4 nitrous passes last year because I was trying to dial it all in. Well when we put the car on the dyno we realized something was not right. Brandon quickly aborted the dyno session, and went to work instantly to determine what went wrong. Basically the car was down on power. Brandon and his techs checked, and double checked everything...all the test, swaping back some factory parts with other parts...the whole nine. Days went by and he was trying EVERYTHING! What we determined was the motor was previously hurt and had bad rings. With no money, I could not afford to rebuild my motor right away. So Brandon was nice enough to allow me space at his shop till I was able to purchase the parts necessary to rebuild the motor.

Well I finally got the funds needed, and we restarted the project. We went to a local machine shop and has them look over, clean, and prep the block. They assured us the block was good to go on a stock rebuild. So we went ahead and ordered the parts and FAST rebuilt my short block. We put the car on the dyno and weren't too too happy with the results. Brandon and I again discussed a few things specific to my build and decided that the tune was safe enough to take to the track and let the 'real world' numbers dictate how the car was performing. The numbers at the track literally DICK SLAPPED the dynos number in the face, as the car out performed what the dyno was saying. Still not happy, I said, lets change a few things, re dyno it and see where we are at...

So that takes us to today. Results can be seen at AFTER KOTS this weekend or the next RSD. Just line up next to me. Stock 853 headed LS1 with a cam...

ALL IN ALL, FAST Motorsports and Brandon went over and beyond what I asked for. During the process, I added a few suspension pieces, asked Brandon 'well while this is being done, can you do this and that..." and had him do a few other things to the car...all which Brandon said ok to. Brandon is VERY easy to work with, he will help you exceed YOUR goals, takes pride in his work, and this can all be showcased with my car at some upcoming events.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BRANDON AND FAST MOTORSPORTS. His pricing is competitive, he frequents track events in which he has his laptop on him at all times in case one of his customers has issues then he will try to fix them for you at the track. I will be honest though, it is hard for him to meet his timelines at times, but the final product is worth the delays. And honestly, most if not all the delays in my build have been out of his control. If you use Brandon, I can assure you, communication will be there, and HE WILL get you to your goals. Just be patient...

With all this being said, THANK YOU FAST MOTORSPORTS, AND THANK YOU BRANDON FOR EVERYTHING!

Dont believe everything you see on the internet, but rest assure you can believe EVERYTHING IN THIS POST!

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I've worked with Brandon for over two years. In fact, FMS just recently put the new motor in my truck. He is very knowledgeable & professional. Plus I respect him & his company.
I have spent thousands with him & have had zero issues. My new engine has almost 500 miles on it & I could not be happier.
Sometime soon I intend on getting a lil help with making an early model fox body leave the line with just a little day light between the pavement & the front tires. I will be having Brandon & his team help me out with that.

Thank you very much Brandon & FMS, my truck fucking flies !!!!!!!!!!!!

:fy:

Dewey Cox

Gen1 Lt1 Guru
Jul 22, 2012
Aurora
Real Name
Dale
So, what ur saying is, Brandon wont max ur credit card, still want more, swear he's building u a "race car", putting a "killer tune on it, with a killer tuner", and then trying to convince u that ur car is fast, when its actually slower then most cars with less?!

I guess the only shops that do the above listed are in the Aurora/Oswego area ;-)

Glad ur happy Nick, and it sounds like FMS is a stand up place! Me and u going back as far as we do, means I'm going to put some trust in what u say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info