Front end alignment for race car

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Do you have an adjustable rear suspension? Like adjustable length upper and lower control arms? If so spend the money and get on a 4 wheel alignment rack. That way you can center the rear end housing as well as make sure the thrust angle is good. It is well worth the time and investment. Then you just tune the anti roll bar at the track if needed.

If you don't have an adjustable rear suspension the front is basic. Just make sure your bump steer is correct. Where the spacers let the bump steer arms always are at the same angle as the control arm. Do this at ride height as well as with the front end raised up like under acceleration. Like mentioned.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yes I do Mike. I do want to drop the rear about another inch which will throw off all angles. What shop would you recommend? Who did your Capri?

Yes, set ride height before you so anything. And you want your weight in the drivers seat. Especially when you plot the rear suspension for anti-squat and so on.

I have a buddy that works at a GM dealership. They have a nice alignment machine. I can get you his info and see if he can get you in. But it is up in Mount Prospect. You might be able to find a hook up closer to home.

It is gonna be hard to beat a machine as far as accuracy. Tape measure will get you close. But on a machine we were able to get my thrust angle to 0.03 degrees. That is accurate!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, set ride height before you so anything. And you want your weight in the drivers seat. Especially when you plot the rear suspension for anti-squat and so on.

I have a buddy that works at a GM dealership. They have a nice alignment machine. I can get you his info and see if he can get you in. But it is up in Mount Prospect. You might be able to find a hook up closer to home.

It is gonna be hard to beat a machine as far as accuracy. Tape measure will get you close. But on a machine we were able to get my thrust angle to 0.03 degrees. That is accurate!

This! I love having the newest hunter machine at my disposal at work.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Thanks gaiys, I really appreciate your input. It looks like it's time for me to find a chassis shop. I need a cage anyway and it seems like I need the whole package and not just a front end alignment. Was doing test hits in Mexico to see if I could even attempt to line up for KOTS. Car launches ok but then pulls to left.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A chassis shop can set your suspension up so you have a great start for chassis tuning. Their knowledge and experience is worth the cost. Especially if they are helpful in explaining on what changes you need to do when you get feed back at the track. Suspension and chassis tuning is key for a car that works well.

I wanna see you reporting back with consistent high 1.1x 60' times.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
Will he do an all wheel alignment and help me adjust rear suspension?

he will do everything you want him to. he set the pinion angle on our gbody, adjusted the entire front including ride height.

bill has been racing low seven second shit since most of the kids on here were a stain.

but hes pricey, not for the guy who has a Velcro wallet. lol.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
he will do everything you want him to. he set the pinion angle on our gbody, adjusted the entire front including ride height.

bill has been racing low seven second shit since most of the kids on here were a stain.

but hes pricey, not for the guy who has a Velcro wallet. lol.

Music to my ears...thanks man, I really really appreciate it :likes:

Not to far from my house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info