Any one know how to get a title corrected for incorrect mileage?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I'll explain more when I get home but I was at the Honda dealer yesterday to have a trade appraisal on my car and when they pulled the Carfax it said my title was branded for incorrect mileage. I think someone messed up either the date of mileage when the car was in for service and when had the car loan refinanced.

It goes something like this

5/14/2011. 10,000 miles vechile offered for sale

11/2011 17,000 miles. serviced at bill Kay Honda

12/2011 13,000 miles. Red flag!

My car now had 52,000 miles and I just transferred the title to Indiana. I am surprised they did not say anything to me. It sucks because bill Kay Honda would not even offer me a trade in deal because of my messed up car fax and I am sure it hurts the value of my car.

Help!

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
if a dealer made the mistake (was in for service or something) the dealer needs to call - if a bank is to blame (during refinancing or whatever) the bank needs to call - its much easier to have the people that made the mistake call carfax rather then you - carfax will give you the run around - my wife deals with this, wrong vins, and other shit all the time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info