Towing a 20ft enclosed trailer?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
How much does the trailer weigh? There should be a tag on the tongue that'll say. I'd say being enclosed probably 2k lbs or so.

I still think it'll be fine. You just need to find out what type of wiring its got. It'll be either a 4 pin or most likely a 7 pin for that size trailer.

Does your tbss have any wiring harness in the back?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Either this

18172_500.jpg

Or somewhere by the bumper it could have a 7 pin like this
HM47210_1000.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It will tow 6k lbs like a bauce, try to put the heaviest stuff over the axels of the trailer, if you get it toung heavy the trailblazers handle funny, I've towed cars down from Chicago 50-60 miles through shit traffic with a 6000-7000lb load on a 5.3 trailblazer, I wouldn't do it across country but its fine for shorter trips

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
It has a 7pin but they don't come from the factory with the electric brake controller, I have electric brakes on my trailer but don't use them because I don't have a controller yet it would be safer to run the brakes but if he is pulling this trailer one time it will do the job just fine

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It has a 7pin but they don't come from the factory with the electric brake controller, I have electric brakes on my trailer but don't use them because I don't have a controller yet it would be safer to run the brakes but if he is pulling this trailer one time it will do the job just fine

that is very illegal and i wouldn't do that. that is a fuck shit of a ticket to get.
yeah, tbss has 7pin on it

and he's right, no controller for brakes, not sure if you can still use them without the controller

just add a controller... it's easy as fuck.

So you're suggesting he can pull 6k with a hitch rated at 4k with out sways and to not worry about not having a trailer brake? :roflpicard:

Real smart. Towing a trailer is no joke and when shit goes wrong it usually doesn't end well for anybody.

or the more likely situation of him getting pulled over and getting a ticket or multiple tickets and having them have a tow truck come get the trailer.

on easter i got pulled over in my bro's f250 pulling an enclosed trailer... he hooked it up, i was just driving... which you don't want to tell the occifffer either... anyways, i wasn't speeding or anything, but the cop wanted to do a "load inspection" or some shit like that right then and there... trailer was empty so brakes weren't as much of a concern to me since we weren't hauling and i didn't even think to think about it...

cop disconnected the trailer safety brake dealio, told me to get in the truck, put it in gear and see if the trailer brakes were working... luckily for me and some really fucking quick thinking... as i put the truck in gear i also stabbed the fuck out of the parking brake in one fluid motion... making sure the truck wouldn't roll...

cop didn't like that there was no controller visible (we convinced him it was built into the trucks tune... :roflpicard:) and allowed me to tow the trailer another 5 miles to my grandma's, but someone with a truck with a controller would have to come get it.

OP... add a brake controller and hammer down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info