Who would be interested in AMSOIL?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I was considering trying to become an AMSOIL dealer in my off time. If I ended up following through with it, would anyone on here be interested in getting some excellent car products at good prices? AMSOIL offers a lot of car products as well. Air filters, every lubricant known to cars, oil filters, and much more. Let me know if some people would hop on board with this.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I've never understood the whole deal with rotella. Isn't it meant for diesels?

It is labeled as a diesel and gas oil. Basically it has more zinc than normal gas oils which has way better wear properties for an engine.

The EPA has made oils vastly cut down on zinc content especially in gas oils for emissions purposes.

I use T6 exclusively in my wagon and diesel.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have never used rotella, but started hearing about it more when I owned my WRX for a year. I used to be a Royal Purple or Mobile 1 kind of guy as it is readily available. I took GT5.0FACE's advice on the MTG for the M6 in my mustang and was heavily impressed as far as performance goes. It really did make a massive difference. I used amsoil stuff with the next oil change and felt like the motor sounded quieter (subjective). I read up about their oil filters being pretty damn good, so I just assume to spend more money up front for better protection down the road. I was wanting a oil-less air filter that would fit my Roush intake and amsoil actually makes one. Seems like you have to pay more for their products, but it is good shit from what I can see.

I was wondering how many people ran it, or just opted for a different product that wouldn't cost as much. They have a membership that allows you to get decent discounts, but being a dealer allows some other perks I am sure. I know some people like to change their oil every 3k miles, which spending money for amsoil wouldn't make sense for that though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info