Loans to use for pvt sales

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Those who have bought vehicles here privately without paying in full out of pocket, what did you use? Any suggestions or great places to go for a small loan? IE credit unions or those uve worked with in the past that were good? Also how does it work if you take a part loan out for the vehicle if the person has a clean clear title they can sign over to you that day? How do you take the vehicle home that day and bring the title to the bank? I'm just confused.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ok so if I went with one of these for lets say 10k. How does it work payment wise? Do they pay me and I give the full amount to the seller? How does the credit union get the title? Do I have a set amount of time to bring it to them?

Sometimes you need to bring the title there to get the loan amount. Others not. They typically do a cashiers check for the seller. Call and talk to one. It's easy.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Might be.

I think most banks wont' loan on a car more than 6 years old.

When I bought my G6 in 2010 they only 2004 or newer vehicles would qualify for a loan.

I thought pen fed would. Ill have to see I know they would do a 2001 cuz the corvette I was looking at was an 01 and was financed currently through pen fed. Ill try calling tommorow

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I go through Meadows Credit Union. They're in (you guessed it) Rolling Meadows and they are awesome. Anyone can join. My rep knows my name, knows my kids, knows my car habit and when I call I just tell her what I want, she preps the paperwork, I sign it and get a check.

I recently opened up a PenFed account because we moved to California and most credit unions will only do in state deals with private party transactions and because the 1.49% rate is pathetic-ly low.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info