did something change with IL emissions tests?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah I did not pass because all of mine said not supported, but this was on the old Diablo chip I had before I was blown.

I have not tried going since then, still rolling on expired plates. The tag has faded so much it looks like the new ones. :lmao:

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
emissions

yes emission testing changed in june.i failed also all systems not supported. I was told they look for a tune in the ecu and will not pass if all sensors are turned off.they are looking for catalytic convertor efficiency and rear o2 working.lots mustangs failing in Illinois now.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
This is bullshit, nothing of mine has cats or rear 02s.. I wonder what the fix can be cuz I sure as fuck don't want cats back on my shit

You can solder some crap to an o2 sensor to trick it when you turn it back on (theres a link to how to do it somewhere in my thread I think close to the end) or look at the next quote I have and what I say about that. Or you can toss rear o2s in and use the spark plug antifoulers like I have in my thread too.

back when i had my trans am, i put it under a show car policy with my insurance and got exempt from emissions in IL. have to re-apply every 2 years though.

You can do either the Show car exemption or Race car exemption (same form) the race car one they just require pictures of your car or a paragraph saying why its a race car no other proof. Don't think theres a mileage limit on that either like for show cars. Haven't gotten my form back yet saying I'm good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info