Mecum's Auction in Chicago

Hemi Under Glass Barracuda will be for sale at Mecums in Chicago early October. (Schaumburg Convention Center) Should be a good event.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/top_picks.cfm?AUCTION_ID=CH1013

I'm going. Won't be buying, but I'm going. They are great events. Lots to see. General public allowed on the floor to mill around near the actual bidders and lots of access to see the cars up close. At least when they had Mecums in St. Charles.

Richard E.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/group_consignment_list.cfm?AUCTION_ID=SC0513&GROUP_ID=10119

Those where the cars he sold at the last mecum auction.... He also owns Mr. Norms... such a cool laid back guy to talk to.

Today, all three of the early steel-bodied Hemi Under Glass Cudas (about 30 different variations were built, all told, many with fiberglass bodies) are in a private collection owned by Bill Sefton, who also heads up Mr. Norm's Garage. When he acquired the cars from Bob Riggle, there was one condition: Sefton insisted on a ride with Riggle in the 1968 car, to demonstrate how he herded this handful of Hemis on the strip. Riding shotgun on one wild pass, "It was pretty frantic in that cockpit," Sefton admits, shaking his head in disbelief. "It was the ten busiest seconds I've seen in my entire life.

http://www.automedia.com/Hemi_Under_Glass_Cudas/res20120101hg/1

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I know it's anew venue and time of the year. I'm sure they are still getting all the cars signed up and stuff. My dad hasn't called in for his yet, and I'm sure many others are the same way.

I've heard nothing but rude things about Dana Mecum and his family, but have no idea if they are true.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
1967-Shelby-GT500SE.jpg

CH1013-167112_6.jpg

DO WANT!

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Then in May, 43 cars from the Sefton Collection turned up at the Mecum Auction in Indianapolis, Indiana. Of the cars offered, 33 sold for a combined $1,454,500, and now additional cars from the Sefton collection (including the four Hemi Under Glass cars described above) are scheduled to be sold at Mecum’s upcoming Chicago auction. Sefton, who was recently convicted for tax evasion, has of late been paying restitution to the IRS; on August 7, Sefton and a partner, Michael Martorano, paid $7.3 million in back corporate taxes for a business venture known as Consumer Benefit Service, Incorporated. In addition, Sefton paid $1.4 million more in personal income tax, was fined $12,500 and was ordered to split the cost of the prosecution with co-defendant Martorano. Sefton was also sentenced to 48 months in prison, although he has until August 21 to file an appeal. If no appeal is filed, Sefton is scheduled to begin his sentence on November 5.

:io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info