Just picked this up

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I was looking for a small SUV and saw this.

4722 miles on a 2011......?
I bet an old man had it and just drove it to the Home Depot every once in a while.

I had to buy it, I went waaaaaay over budget but screw it.
They gave me $1200 for the Impala and I put 5K down, 1.9% financing, and got a payment under $300

Carmax gets quite a few rental trucks on their lots now, did you check the carfax report on it? Not trying to burst your bubble, when I went truck shopping I found an 11 Ram on a Carmax lot that was very attractive until I found out it was a rental truck prior to landing on their lot.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Carmax gets quite a few rental trucks on their lots now, did you check the carfax report on it? Not trying to burst your bubble, when I went truck shopping I found an 11 Ram on a Carmax lot that was very attractive until I found out it was a rental truck prior to landing on their lot.

A 2+ year old rental with 4K miles?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
A 2+ year old rental with 4K miles?

The Ram I looked at had 6,400 and was 2 years old, they had like 5 on the lot with similar mileage, all off-rental purchases.

A quick search at area carmax dealers revealed this truck:

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car...9&Q=9522c9d5-1a4e-45ce-8410-acab68f6de18#tab3

Not as low mileage, but they do buy off-rental cars/trucks that may have questionable history that look clean.

Just double looked at the autocheck on that one, might have been a 'washed title' truck... Came from Newyork, was there during Hurricane sandy...

Auctioned out East, then ended up in a Midwest auction, then in MI, then purchased by CarMax......

yea we definitely took a look at the carfax report. we were highly skeptical about such low mileage, we thought that something was wrong somewhere. one owner, downstate somewhere, no crash, not a rental, from what we saw from the report it just was not driven very much.

truck was $21,000 with 1 year of the original manufacturers left. we bought the extended 150,000 carmax warranty for an additional$2700. so out the door it was less than the KBB suggested price so I feel it was a good deal.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
There...

Auto check doesn't hit the exact application, a carfax may.

Regardless, that specific example I pulled screams washed title...

Further down would most likely give you the auction annocements which would help let you know which of the 3 it was.
And Carmax isn't going to fool with a washed title. First off, no need to, second to many people put their hands and eyes on it before the customer see it. All are highly trained to find signs of problems.
Auction house dosn't want the problem either. Remember both are billion dollar companies, the little they make off one truck is like spitting in the ocean and not worth loseing thier reputation in a very suspect industry.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Nice truck, looks clean, as it should for such low miles.

As far as ex-rental used cars, all the local dealers near me buy these for their lots, a lot from Enterprise. Most just need a good detail and a visit from the paint-it-in-your-lot guy to look decent. Too bad that paint wears off quickly.

yep

Oil changes are a pain in the ass tho.
the k member is kinda close to the oil filter and drain plug so when you jack the truck up the oil pan hits your jack and the oil goes all over the driveway. So I bought this kit from Jegs. They only give you short pieces of hose but I got some 3000psi hose that will never break or ever give me any problems. Got it from the Parker Store
969-1150.jpg

Looking for a good drain plug kit to move the drain plug too. found some on boat parts web sites. Just want to measure the size and thread size before I order one.
41Q4NSP1OpL.jpg

there is room behind the driver's side headlight where a 2nd battery would go. This is where I'm mounting the kit. then never have to get under the truck to do the oil change ever again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info