Has anybody replaced a steering wheel with an airbag?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
there's a few capacitors in the airbag system you'll need to drain of power to safely do this. hook up with someone who has a factory service manual or alldata or someone who knows more than us so far.

that's what i remember from shop class. even if the battery is off the car, there still could be some juice left in the SRS system.

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
What bikrboy and G_T_P said. It takes next to nothing of a charge to set one off. I remember someone I went to the yard with setting one off with just some garbage 9v battery we found in the yard. So that being said, disconnecting the battery is step one. Waiting at least a good 10 - 15 minutes for any residual power to drain (I'd personally wait 30 just to be on the super safe side) is step 2. After that, you should be all clear to go.

I recently removed one from a Scion TC, and just removed one from a G6 at the yard today. They're actually really easy to take out on most cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info