2001 Dodge Extended Cab door won't open

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
My cousin has a 01 Dodge extended cab full size and the rear door on the passenger side won't open. We were trying to figure it out but not being very successful. When you pull the handle it looks like it moves the top latch a little (not enough to totally disengage it) but doesn't seem to move the bottom at all but its a lot harder to see the bottom one. The handles pull out all the way to the full extensions.

We tried pulling the door panel off but only could get so far because of the door being closed it wouldn't totally come off. I'm sure we could figure it out if we could get the friggen door open somehow. Anyone run into this problem before or have any ideas on how to open the door so we can get in there and figure it out?

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
back door on my extended cab won't open - DodgeForum.com

"I have the same issue with the extended cab doors; worked on it today here is what I found:
1.) door stuck - a block of wood and a mallet while holding the door handle with some force to open the door be careful to not bust your plastics
2.) remove inner door panel
3.) remove vent
4.) lube nuts inside door (get your 10mm ready)
5.) remove the 3 nuts (use your torx on the bottom if they spin)
6.) there is a gasket between the latch assembly and the bottom of the door, smack the assembly from inside the door cavity to break it free
7.) replace the assembly because these things suck"

Kinda leery about hitting the door with the wooden block but might be worth a try

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• ajdereicup
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list