Anybody use a foam gun when washing their car?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So I've always seen pictures online of people washing their cars, and the car is just completely covered in suds. I always wonder to myself, how the hell do that do that? Well, obviously, they are using a foam gun. I finally broke down and bought one that just attaches to the hose, and some Chemical Guys "Mr. Pink" soap. Going to get it this week from amazon. Just curious how many guys on here use a foam gun when washing their car?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I use the gilmour foam gun. Car wash works differently than a product like ONR. When choosing a car wash, you want it to have a high lubricity level. This way it helps "slide" the dirt off the paint thus preventing it being rubbed into the paint resulting in scratches and swirls.

ONR is formulated to trap and emulsify dirt.

Two different concepts

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I understand they are different products that work in different ways. But ONR is advertised to protect and offer lubricity because of the polymers that bond to the paint.

I never used the ONR except when the car was just duty. When the car was heavily dirty the foam was all I would use. And like I said, after using ONR a couple of times I switched back to the foam gun technique. I like the idea of the foam removing the dirt and being rinsed away.

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
IMAG0355.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info