Went to 41 last night...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I went down to Dans house yesterday (01whiteGTP on here) in Grant Park IL. He lives by Chipmunk. I was buying some wheels from Fishes old car that were originally on my green GTP. Grant Park is about a half hour from 41.

41 was having a street racing event simular to RSD that night. I guess they had one the week before and it was HUGE people were raving about it so we went over there.

I got there thinking I would see a HUGE crowd like people said happened last week. I payed my $12 to get in there was probably 20 cars there. Pretty much the same guys racing eachother.

There was no tech, no tree, no timing, no ambulance at the end of the track, nothing, ghetto as fuck. Anyone and ANYTHING could race. For everyone it was $12. The track hooked up like a bitch, for the first 60ft that is, then it looked like some of the faster cars were getting lose. They had a drum of VHT and anyone can prep the track.

Anyway, I drove the 2 hours back home disappointed, at least I got wheels for my snowtires though.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Crawlin2vGT said:
thats all its supposed to be.

and safe road that they can street race on.

its all prep yourself, watch the end yourself. just a safe means of being able to street race...

last week was huge cause of monday off... thats what sucks is they made it sunday again.. and alot of ppl wont show cause of work and shti

Yeah, I know what it was supposed to be. Im just disappointed there was no one there. I guess events on a Sunday night FTL

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Fish said:
So you got the old torque stars back huh. Did he leave the tires on there?? LOL. You could win a burnout contest with em before you put your winter tires on.

I was thinking about doing some burnouts, but I like my trans. Dan gave me a ride in your old GT, the thing pulled pretty hard and roasted tires.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah its pretty quick for what it is. It can definatly use some TLC like new engine/trans mounts all around. I told dan that. With new mounts alone I think it will be significantly quicker since it was giving a few degrees of false knock due to the motor moving around. Definatly could use an intake as well. Still has the stock airbox and paper filter.

Hope he puts the car down for a bit and gets me the headers. :bigok:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Fish said:
Yeah its pretty quick for what it is. It can definatly use some TLC like new engine/trans mounts all around. I told dan that. With new mounts alone I think it will be significantly quicker since it was giving a few degrees of false knock due to the motor moving around. Definatly could use an intake as well. Still has the stock airbox and paper filter.

Hope he puts the car down for a bit and gets me the headers. :bigok:

We found the exhaust leak and the performance shift wire!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its nice. Different then the Grand Prix, but that could be the suspension work done to it. Rides like a damn dream. Still needs an alignment but after that it will be the smoothest yet stiff ride Ive ever driven. Stiffest would be the GP with the Konis set on firm. That = rattling shit yet no squat. LOL.

The interior is more plain. But thats not a big deal. Still has a DIC, but its under the tach instead of on the dash. Plus it gives a # for boost instead of bars like the GP. The middle cubby hole feels like it goes on forever. LOL. I stuck my hand in there the first time and was suprised to find my arm from the elbow to fingertips all the way in. I can lose shit in there. Hehe.

The pull is great. Made the GT on its best day feel significantly slower. Ive only driven it a handful of times in cool weather so Im dying to go out in this weather and get on it a bit. Average of 7.5 lbs of boost and climbs to a max of 10.5 at the shift point in 58* weather. So Ill be waiting to get the headers on before I pulley down. I did pick up a 3.8 ZZP MPS pulley so Ill be aiming at a ZZP or Intense MPS. GSX grill on the way. :D I wanna finish the exhaust when the SLP headers go on, but I dont want an aftermarket muffler. Yet the stock one is as big of a restriction as the ubend from what I hear.

We found the exhaust leak and the performance shift wire!

LOL. I knew where the leak was coming from. Even showed it to him. The wire was lost when I did the switch from the PS shifter to the stock one and put the switch on the heated seat dash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info