School Me On Eaton M112s

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Alright now that I have my hands on a M112 time for the mad scientist crap to come out. Sooooo in a carbed draw through setup. Will the seals in the stock M112 be able to handle the gas? Or will I need to replace them with others that can hold up to it and if so where would I get them and P/N if possible.

And then what are all the holes on the blower for? So I can figure out what holes I may be able to just plug and not use etc.

Is there anywhere that has like a total parts list and description of everything on the blower?

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Well I'm figuring on trying to pickup the lower part of the gt40 intake and making an upper intake out of possibly aluminum (trying to make it as smooth and free flowing as possible) to mount the blower to possibly leaving room to mount the intercooler to the bottom of the blower later down the line then make some kinda setup for the carb to feed into the blower. I want to try and make it easy as possible to tune and not have to pay to modify my Holley to be blow through compatible. I'm trying my best to keep it as far under $1k for the whole supercharging as possible. So far only $250 for the blower

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
There is actually someone on turbomustangs/the turbo forums that has done this setup. I'm wanting to say it was in the BS section not a tech section. They took a hunk of billet and knocked it into an adapter that was a single piece. Personally I'd be a lot more inclined to do a multi piece setup that was welded together. You're going to be in some pretty serious engineering to get everything to work well, if you can do distributorless I'd consider it pretty heavily as your installed height will probably be a good bit lower.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Lowest port is the boost port.

You can also use the IAT2 sensor hole as a boost port too if needed. (drill and tap for brass fittings if needed)

Other two ports on top are vacuum along with the port on the elbow.

uze5uze8.jpg

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Hopefully going on a 351w. The engines at 10:1 compression as it is so I'm figuring I wont want to be running too much boost through it anyways.

Going on drag car so height doesn't matter to me really. Large cowl already on it and figuring I'm going to need to cut a hole in the hood. May eventually go with a twin M112 setup.

Thanks for the info guys. Gotta keep learning about this fun stuff to keep forming the plan

boogeyman

T-BURD
Sep 25, 2012
demotte in
if on a 351 i would most definatly have it ported especially given the higher compression ratio your running, having the lower oultet temps and the fact that u arent planning on runng and intercooler your going to want to keep air charge temps as low as possible and i would without a doubt look into meth injection to help prevent knock and to lower inlet temps a bit

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
Porting is a must without an intercooler. Meth is a very good choice to keep that charge temps lower.

Plus the pulley you run on this will make a difference in rpm band power. I have made lightning ports that are making hp without falling off until 5500 rpms. That's with a 6lb pulley.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374377336.803504.jpg

Now this supercharger will pull in enough air that a ported throttle body should be enough. I'm running a stock plenum and throttle body on my lightning and the plenum will pull more then enough air the then eaton will need.

That blower being more efficient then the lightning eaton will help keep temps down
http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1036115-5-0-eaton-m112-project.html

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Nice meeting you too man. Can't wait to see it when it's done. Now I can focus on working on all the other parts of getting this ghetto rigged setup all done. Gotta find an intake and then some nice wood to make the template before I start cutting up the aluminum (most likely the material I will be using) and welding it all up.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Sooo some questions for you guys out there. How thick of aluminum should be used to be able to support the weight of the Eaton M112? I've found 3/16" slotted flat stock aluminum and 1/8" thick 90 degree slotted aluminum (slots only on the one side)

Something shall be made in the area where the wood is to support the blower. I've got a few ideas floating around my head right on about how to do it.

blowerandintake2.jpg

blowerandintake1.jpg

And heres the $25 intake I got off CL that's currently at Jokerz getting some magic done to it to make it flow a little better

intake1.jpg

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
I've got a nice turbo laying around I thought about tossing on there. But I want a supercharger. And I didn't get my hands on a pair of shorts before I got my hand on the M112.

It's not a lot of effort really. It's just time consuming doing the measurements making the cuts exact and all. Got a really good welder in my family that I'm going to have do the welding on it. I got all the stuff I need for the most part to do everything minus the welder so I should be good. Plus once done and I pull up and people are like that must've cost you an arm and leg to do that or why'd you do it and I say because I got a MFing blower on my fox body for under $1k total and its making more power now and they're jaw drops it shall be worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info