Civic steering feels loose

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
For lack of a better way of putting it, the steering on my 08 civic started feeling loose. It's the standard version not an SI, it's had the rack done at 18K once and it had the rear arms done at like 35K. Tires are still legal but probably need to be changed soon. When I change lanes at speed, it acts like it wants to oscillate from the left to right for a lack of a better way of putting it. I'm going to go jack it up and see what I can find. Thoughts? Opinions? Hate mail?

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I haven't been into Civics much since our last one, an '02, but I do know the rear shocks tend to wear out quick on this platform. If the rear tires are hopping around enough at speed it would feel as you describe. What's up with the arms and rack at such low mileage, recall or something else? Our old one went through 3 sets of front struts under warranty until we traded it @ 20k miles.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
They were issues with this gen. My wife had the arms do the same thing on the 06 she had before, and the rack is also a pattern failure from what I've been told. Will have a poke around at the back shocks although it feels like the front it could be the backs. I'm wondering if it may be some slipped belts or the likes too although I'm not really sure on that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info