Boomba Racing Custom Rotor Slotting

Boomba Racing is proud to offer CNC machined custom slotted disc brake rotors.

Slotted brake rotors look a lot like a traditional set of rotors, but with a twist: they have slots, or groves, carved into the surface of the discs. They not only look cool, and give that "race car factor", but they're also functional. The slots actually allow the discs to expel built-up brake dust and gases that are generated every time you apply your brakes. In rainy conditions, the slots allow rain water to escape.

Boomba racing can take most OEM or "blank" rotors and add custom CNC machined slots to them.

For more information please contact us:
Boomba Racing
635 Wheat Lane
Wood Dale, IL 60191
(630) 694-0404

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPv82kI1vxI

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Haha what else do you guys think about it :D?

vaginas, cars, butts, cars, boobs, cars, vaginas, cars

i almost replied similarly earlier... but you missed an important word here like i did... he finished with "it"- probably referencing the drilling.

to the OP... thats neat for sure...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
aren't slots cast during the process of making rotors?

Up until very recently almost all OE applications were drilled or CNC slotted after the initial casting process. This might still be the case. Almost all aftermarket rotors still use this process without issue.

this basically seems like
1. attempt to look cool (to whom?)
2. weakens rotors

i certainly wouldn't be taking them to the track.

1. Who cares? It's irrelevant. They're a business offering a service that people clearly want.

2. Slotting not so much as drilling and the benefits are nil on the street so yeah, I see your point there but people have known this for what seems like forever now and they still do it.

i certainly wouldn't be taking them to the track.

Like I said, up until very recently almost any slotted or drilled rotor would have been done after the initial casting and people have been racing on those for years with the only real issue being superficial cracking between holes on the drilled rotors. As long as it's done right there's no reason that you can't still use and abuse the rotors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info