Building a Custom Car Through the Dealership???

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Good luck, any and every dealer will try and pawn off shit they already have or can get easily onto you. I've bought several cars from dealers where there first thing I told them was that "I'm picky and I already know the exact car I want down to the options" and EVERY dealer has tried to get me to switch colors or trim packages. There is no incentive for them to factory order a car, and they will tell you it'll take too long, they can't give you a good deal, etc.... It's a giant pain in the ass

divasixstar

TCG Elite Member
Jan 27, 2007
Elk Grove Village
shocker- its kinda like stinkstar says its a pain in the ass.. and the dealer that to me before buy this time I'm serious about getting EXACTLY what I want... minus the built engine bit that I can do later on.

I'm looking for the same car I have, (kia forte) but in manual. I know its a lame car to a lot of people... but I like it, it handles better than most autocross cars and it has decent gas mileage. Also, its quiet so my dog will actually ride in it. She hates our RS and shakes... so no fun dd for me. Haha

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski
shocker- its kinda like stinkstar says its a pain in the ass.. and the dealer that to me before buy this time I'm serious about getting EXACTLY what I want... minus the built engine bit that I can do later on.

I'm looking for the same car I have, (kia forte) but in manual. I know its a lame car to a lot of people... but I like it, it handles better than most autocross cars and it has decent gas mileage. Also, its quiet so my dog will actually ride in it. She hates our RS and shakes... so no fun dd for me. Haha

Let me know exactly what your looking for, and I'll ask my Sales Manager to search for it for you. If its NOT out there, ill have him order one for you. I'm the Used Car Manager for a Kia, VW, and Nissan store.

Andy

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
That's cause no one wanted the 5.7, they all waited the extra year for the 6 Liter.

Trololo

ummm.... I understand you drive a neon and it's probably harder for you to comprehend statements, but no it wasn't hard because that was the only way to get one in Jan. 04 was order. Just to crush your stupid statement the 05 GTO was the worst selling out of the 3 years, so no a GTO buyer either went for an 04 or WAITED 2 years for the 06's.

Let me know exactly what your looking for, and I'll ask my Sales Manager to search for it for you. If its NOT out there, ill have him order one for you. I'm the Used Car Manager for a Kia, VW, and Nissan store.

There you go thats the way to get it done!

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
ummm.... I understand you drive a neon and it's probably harder for you to comprehend statements, but no it wasn't hard because that was the only way to get one in Jan. 04 was order. Just to crush your stupid statement the 05 GTO was the worst selling out of the 3 years, so no a GTO buyer either went for an 04 or WAITED 2 years for the 06's.

There you go thats the way to get it done!

Jeez, talk about overreacting. I was just messing around. Also, I'm aware I drive a Neon, that's not an insult in any way.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
If that is towards me..... Your facts are wrong too.

i didnt direct it towards you, and my facts are right

but as a mechanic 1st and 2nd year models have the most BS issues

by the 3rd year of production most of the major crap they find under warranty/etc are fixed from the get go....they may have a pre production test fleet to find and fix bugs... but thats not the same as mass production variables and the suckers that buy first and 2nd model year vehicles that become unwitting test subjects

first production models are often plagued by problems often just related to those highly skilled HS dropouts who are being taught how to assemble the car.

if someone was learning to sew/pack parachutes....would you grab and buy the first 1 or two they made? or would you wait a year or two to see what problems might have surfaced?

all im saying...is if your gonna drop the coin on a 3500lb machine....i sure as hell wouldnt buy a first model year production....id probably wait till the 3rd year

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
id say your gto sorta doesnt apply to my description as its basically a well sorted out commodore that was assembled by people for years before the first models were released in the states.

but id point out the changes/fixed GM implemented on the years after yours....after the general public tested the cars for them and they acquired the failure mode data that necessitated the changes....

divasixstar

TCG Elite Member
Jan 27, 2007
Elk Grove Village
a kia forte doesn't handle better then most autocross cars :rofl:

okayyyy so that was a stretch, but to be honest. it handles hella good. The tires on it, the steering... and it beats WRX's in the autocross. :)

Andy-:jg: PM sent

JAMES! this isn't the first production year- it's the 4th actually... they came out in 2010 (least the model im looking at) i got the 2011, and lucky me it hasn't caused me any problems, but i agree 100%. that's why im going with another forte instead of picking up the BRZ, im going to wait for a year or two for that one, get all the kinks out.

i really don't want to buy a new car, but kind of have to if i want to get what i want.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info