2 charged with drag-racing in crash that killed Lake Co. teen

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
just terrible.

The teenager who was killed in a car crash in Gurnee Monday night was a passenger in a car that had been drag-racing with another car, authorities said.
Police announced that the alleged drivers of the two cars involved – a 17-year-old and a 19-year-old, both from Antioch – have been arrested and appeared in bond court this morning on charges related to the crash.
Officials said Cynthia N. Perez, 16, of Antioch, was killed when the Honda she was riding in lost control along Illinois Route 120 near Hunt Club Road. Gurnee police said they believe the Honda was racing with a Ford Focus before careening into the median, becoming airborne and rolling over.
The alleged driver of the Honda, Jeremy A. Betancourt, 17, has been charged with reckless homicide and aggravated street racing, police said. Police also said Betancourt was charged for not having a valid license and operating an uninsured vehicle.
The alleged driver of the Ford, Michael R. Dawson, 19, was charged with aggravated street racing and having an expired vehicle registration, according to Gurnee police.
Both men appeared in Lake County bond court this morning and were sent to Lake County Jail with $250,000 bonds each.
Police said Perez was a back seat passenger in the Honda, which had three male occupants, including the driver. Perez and a 20-year-old male passenger were ejected from the vehicle; all three male passengers were taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center.

the comments on chi trib are ridiculous.

Marisol LobonoRot in hell Jeremy & Michael. You killed my sweet niece Cindy. I hope you suffer all your life with the nightmare you have brought to her family wtih your stupidity.

Who drag races in a Honda? LOL

Rachel Faircloth · Lakes Community High Schoolkids are soo stupid these days
R.I.P Cynthia you will be missed dearly my prayers go out the family and friends
and the 2 who where driving you should rot in hell for driving like F****** idiots

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
no ins and no liscense!! fucking parents should go to jail too!

had a similar situation when I was growing up... sister got caught driving after her liscense was suspended for speeding... my dad took the wheels off her car and set the car down on the wheels and took the lugnuts! gave them back after she went to court and payed her fines and what not

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Yes. Telling people to die for street racing, calling people **** who enjoy sports. Just STFU. If you have nothing nice to say than dont say it at all.

If you disapprove of street racing than thats fine. I do as well. But telling people to die is moronic

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I love street racing. It's dangerous, so is track racing and just plain driving period. Especially with all the riff raff on the road. Shit happens, very sad in this instance.
Tomorrow if I'm at a light and anyone wants to run I'm gonna try to win.
Is what it is.... Again very sad for anyone's family and people whom have passed away racing.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Yes. Telling people to die for street racing, calling people **** who enjoy sports. Just STFU. If you have nothing nice to say than dont say it at all.

If you disapprove of street racing than thats fine. I do as well. But telling people to die is moronic

Street racing is fucking stupid, and you get whats coming. Period /convo

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I've been street racing for 10 years and never "got what's coming." You need to shut the fuck up and have some respect. Its not like the girl that died had ANY choice in whether or not the driver was racing.

I need to shut the fuck up? Foot in mouth much? Point made, girl died because she had no choice because of two jack bags street racing.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Foot in mouth how? You say the people street racing get what's coming to them. Nothing came to them, some innocent girl died. So your point is fucking retarded.

No it's not, they are going to have to sit in jail for a long time because their dumb actions cost someone their life. Unfortunately is wasn't their own life. But a innocent bystander.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Street racing! Not drag racing! Street racing is fucking stupid and who ever does it should fucking die!

No it's not, they are going to have to sit in jail for a long time because their dumb actions cost someone their life. Unfortunately is wasn't their own life. But a innocent bystander.

Yeah because you totally said good thing they are gunna sit in jail. You essentially said "good they deserve to die" in your first post. When the only person who died wasn't even racing.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Street racing is fucking stupid, and you get whats coming. Period /convo

See below for the simple reply.

I've been street racing for 10 years and never "got what's coming." You need to shut the fuck up and have some respect. Its not like the girl that died had ANY choice in whether or not the driver was racing.

For all we know, she may have been pleading with him not to do it, and is completely a victim. Or, she might have been egging him on and peer pressured him into it. It's all speculation and always will be, but at the end of the day she was just a passenger, and the driver should never have stretched out that right leg. The fault lies with him, not her, and not the other cars driver, IMO.

I'm not a big fan of street racing in traffic, but I'd be a hypocrite if I said I never did it when I was younger. 3AM on a "closed" road with no innocent bystanders? Have at, gentlemen, I couldn't care less.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Yeah because you totally said good thing they are gunna sit in jail. You essentially said "good they deserve to die" in your first post. When the only person who died wasn't even racing.

Face palm! Who ever street races deserves what is coming to them, be it death because they are fucking retarded or sitting in jail for taking another life.

To bad they took someones life beside their own!

God youre fucking stupid!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
For all we know, she may have been pleading with him not to do it, and is completely a victim. Or, she might have been egging him on and peer pressured him into it. It's all speculation and always will be, but at the end of the day she was just a passenger, and the driver should never have stretched out that right leg. The fault lies with him, not her, and not the other cars driver, IMO.

I'm not a big fan of street racing in traffic, but I'd be a hypocrite if I said I never did it when I was younger. 3AM on a "closed" road with no innocent bystanders? Have at, gentlemen, I couldn't care less.

I agree 99%, all but the last part. Take it to a track. Can't hit a tree at a track.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Face palm! Who ever street races deserves what is coming to them, be it death because they are fucking retarded or sitting in jail for taking another life.

To bad they took someones life beside their own!

God youre fucking stupid!

Bro, this is a touchy subject here on this site. We have lost a few members over the years to street racing, so you may want to chill on this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info