Is this 2000 Cobra R legit?

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
It looks legit to me, but I'm not a big cobra guy. It's outside in the rain though, so I have my doubts

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009216.400101.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009243.866741.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372009261.733579.jpg

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
That's pretty cool. I remember that car was king shit for 1 whole year, until Chevy released the z06! WHOOPS. Faster, cheaper Corvette with A/C and radio.

uhhh... It wasn't made to be in competition with anything. Hense why they only made 300. They were meant to be a track car, which explains no heat/AC or radio.

And they still are the shit.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
You can't really compare a true 4 seater with a backseat delete to a 2 seater sports car , but Cobra R was about the same on the skid pad and a few more mph top speed , 1/4 mile slower at dragstrip , but the trans ratios were probably the cause .

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Drive it like you stole it! Cars are meant to be DRIVEN! If you cant afford to drive the car, you cant afford the car!

Not true... at all. You have to drive the car within reason. Affording something like an exotic means affording the depreciation of an exotic. Drive a ferrari double the amount of your average ferrari and you're talking a depreciation of 100k over 5 years as opposed to 60k. While I believe in enjoying my R8, I don't use it to go to the gym, get groceries etc. When I start it up, it's to enjoy every mile I drive it, because I know that every mile I drive it costs me more than the average car.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Turk I love you but...

FUCK THAT. Who spends that kind of money on a car not to enjoy it? I've been doing the math on a fully decked out Model S and if I do it I'm going to drive the hell out of it and when I'm done it'll be worth what it's worth. What's the point in spending the money not to drive it though?

I mean I get why you feel that way but at the same point I wonder why anyone would buy the car then. It seems stressful to own if I constantly have to worry about tracking mileage and nursing it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Turk I love you but...

FUCK THAT. Who spends that kind of money on a car not to enjoy it? I've been doing the math on a fully decked out Model S and if I do it I'm going to drive the hell out of it and when I'm done it'll be worth what it's worth. What's the point in spending the money not to drive it though?

I mean I get why you feel that way but at the same point I wonder why anyone would buy the car then. It seems stressful to own if I constantly have to worry about tracking mileage and nursing it.

Mike, one of the reasons I bought the R8 was because the owners put a lot more miles on these than say a Ferrari 458 or a Lambo. It's not absurd to find a 2010 R8 with 20k miles. Find a 458 with 20k miles, or a superleggera and they are tens of thousands cheaper than the same model, same year car with less miles. I'm not tracking the miles I put on my car, I actually just got back from driving it 50 miles just because I was bored. I bought this car knowing I wouldn't drive it to work or chores though, which is fine by me.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mike, one of the reasons I bought the R8 was because the owners put a lot more miles on these than say a Ferrari 458 or a Lambo. It's not absurd to find a 2010 R8 with 20k miles. Find a 458 with 20k miles, or a superleggera and they are tens of thousands cheaper than the same model, same year car with less miles. I'm not tracking the miles I put on my car, I actually just got back from driving it 50 miles just because I was bored. I bought this car knowing I wouldn't drive it to work or chores though, which is fine by me.

Fair enough... The Audi is a much more livable exotic than most and I think that's why they hold their value.

I just can't imagine financially squeezing my way into a car and then not enjoying it for fear of decreasing it's value.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Fair enough... The Audi is a much more livable exotic than most and I think that's why they hold their value.

I just can't imagine financially squeezing my way into a car and then not enjoying it for fear of decreasing it's value.

My mind thinks a different way. IMO, you don't financially squeeze anything until you sell the car and realize any losses.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
i dont think the model S is really in the same category as an R8, or any other supercar. it's a luxury electric car, meant to be driven. you'd be a fool to buy it and not to drive it everywhere.
what's the maintenance schedule like on a model S anyway?

Good point, the model S is more on par with a 7 series, or an S class. If you get one Mike, pray it doesn't lose value like those cars do! (I don't think it will)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info