FWD or RWD?

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
What are the pros and cons of each?

I been looking to buy a s13 hatch or s14,

But it's really hard to find one with, No mayor rust spots, unmolested, and under 150k miles for a decent price!

The 95+ Integra has secretly been the only Honda I like.

The problem
with it is that it's front wheel drive so I can't do
any mad skidz.

Lol but I can get a manual clean integra with almost no rust for way less then a 240sx.

Only thing holding me back is that is FWD.

Is it really worth it to get a rwd car instead?

I don't plan on doing anything major to the car I get, I just want a fun daily car, I would upgrade the suspension, and do some basic tuning and that's it.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
A clean, unmolested 240sx is going to be $$$. Integra handles great for FWD, but the fun factor = RWD. FWD sucks. RWD for better weight distribution, better handling, traction. Everything used to be RWD back in the day... the only reason FWD was invented was to cut down on production costs. The cover up has always been its safer, smoother, and better in weather. All horseshit. I'll gladly drive my RWD car in a snow storm with proper tires over a FWD torque steering car anyday.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Integra would be one of the few fwd cars I would go into. Will say I would be careful with them as they get stolen far to often for me to own one in the near future and put a lot of time into them.

240sx just need to find one from out of state or one already brought in from arizona/cali/florida. You can still find deals, just have to find that old guy or lady that doesn't know what it is and has it for sale not on craigslist where they scavenge for that stuff like crazy.

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
Some of you guys are not looking at it in my point of view. lol

But doesn't matter. I guess all go for the 240sx.

Hopefully i would find one in okay condition under 5k .

With cars getting stolen, I have learned my lesson,

Installing a kill switch, a removable steering wheel, auto page alarm.

and if you really are worried. You can buy a boot and put it on your car every night lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008

and if you really are worried. You can buy a boot and put it on your car every night lol

Modern thieves don't steal cars like that, they yank it onto a flatbed tow truck and bye bye. Anything can be stolen though, it sucks. I'm sure a nice 240 is in just as much danger as parts for those aren't easy to come by either. For a daily, I personally would go with the integra. I am bias, as I do own a DB8 (4 door). I would be pretty confident in also saying with identical mods, the integra would be faster. The DC chassis is pretty awesome.

HYPROPULSION_R

Regular
May 19, 2010

I had an S14 as a daily before I bought my S2000. watch out for the rust. That's the only reason I got rid of it. I bought it with light rust problems. 3 years later the quarters, floor board, and strut towers were falling apart. Winters were a blast though. Toss on some snow tires and go hooning.

If you're willing to travel, go look for cars away from the salt belt.

SKYLINE

Regular
Apr 21, 2013
I had an S14 as a daily before I bought my S2000. watch out for the rust. That's the only reason I got rid of it. I bought it with light rust problems. 3 years later the quarters, floor board, and strut towers were falling apart. Winters were a blast though. Toss on some snow tires and go hooning.

If you're willing to travel, go look for cars away from the salt belt.

Thats why i said, Its hard to find a 240sx with no major rust problems for a decent price! lol

Hmm i wonder if i spray flex seal under the quarters and rails, and all that stuff if it will prevent rust lol

Flex_Seal.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info