Steering Gone Wrong

Chesticlese

Newbie Grease Monkey
May 19, 2013
Racine, WI
or steeringshaft or shaft u joint , steering is not something to play games with if u think its broken dont drive the car your lucky u didnt have it breal while driving down the road and get hurt or hurt someone when u lost control of your 2500 lb battering ram
Yea I realize that it was kind of a death trap, but to be honest when it broke I was on my way to a shop to have it looked at.
yea that sounds like broken shaft u joint, that's why it's free spinning, don't risk driving it, have it towed to a shop.
Already at a shop
How the hell would she be able to drive it? :rofl:
Up until it broke, I had about 6 inches of play. I could drive.
you'd be surprised.......
True story.
Pop the hood and look at the steering shaft while someone else turns the wheel. Youre guessing otherwise
The car is now at the shop, it was the only way I could get it towed.
If newer car, do not spin the wheel too far either way (more than 4 full turns usually). You will break the wires for anything on your wheel.
it like a 85 not much in the wheel
It's an 88, no worries

Chesticlese

Newbie Grease Monkey
May 19, 2013
Racine, WI
what kind of shop doesnt look at a car for an entire week? :ugh:

a) the shop knows I am broke so might not look at it until I contact them letting them know that I can in fact pay for parts and labor.
b) the garage was packed and there were 4 cars waiting outside when my car was towed over. Full plate already.
c) it might not take them a full week, but I doubt they will be looking at her bright and early tomorrow morning

Chesticlese

Newbie Grease Monkey
May 19, 2013
Racine, WI
Buy another $500 car instead
Nope, I'm hooked on this one.
i bet you could get the parts for nothing and do it yourself for under $200

or what RICH said :rofl:
Except I cant afford to tow it, I have nowhere I can tow it to because where I currently live I cant work on my car in the driveway, and I don't move for another 8 days. Might as well just let them take care of it, the alignment is included in the above stated price
oh and RockAuto Parts Catalog

$115 for a Rack and Pinion Complete Unit
I love rockauto.com

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info