Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Alpha GTR for sure.

alpha omega!

crazy how much power those things can make

I think it makes like 1700hp?

I've never seen an AWD car do that before... incredible.

I'm almost certain the omega is converted to rwd.

I have no doubt if a GT-R is going to wheelie, AMS is going to do it first, but i would like to see video. Photo looks fishy.
Might just be typical track photographers photos as well.

Always a skeptic. I believe!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

OMEGA did indeed just go to the track for some testing. Overall the night went well and we learned a lot about the car and our soon to be released upgrades. We've made some changes that drastically increased traction and as a result we pushed past the limits of the driveline components. We will be testing some new parts from Driveshaft Shop that are needed for these incredible launches. These stronger parts are being made and we should receive them soon. Frank and the guys at DSS are consummate professionals and It's been such a pleasure working with them for nearly a decade. They have been a huge help making stronger parts as we continue to push the envelope on the R35 platform.

In addition to the axles we also found the limits of our well used Promax clutch. During every pass the clutch slip on the 2-3 shift would cause us to hit the rev limiter for an extended period of time and in some cases actually shut the run down. We never got the chance to make a clean pass but despite the clutch slip we still netted an [email protected] with a TON of room for improvement and more power on tap. John shepherd and the boys at Dodson are already working on a solution that will go into place in the very near future so OMEGA can run at full tilt very soon.

On nearly every pass we were lifting the front tires and we pulled a best 60 foot time of 1.36 seconds! ....OMEGA has traction now

We will keep everyone posted as OMEGA gets a driveline update. Thanks to OMEGA and the people and sponsors behind it as we push this platform further. I see BIG things in the future for the R35.

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
I dont know what the GTR's torque split is but you have to think once you make 1500HP, 60% to the rear is 900HP. With the proper weight transfer that more than enough to pick the front tires up. I have seen this happen before with some High HP Syclones although it isn't pretty when it comes back down.

I'm almost certain the omega is converted to rwd.

Im certain but I would think if it where RWD they would put a skinny on the front and not a DR. Just thinking out loud.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info