Should we organize a march due to gas prices?

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I am so livid that I had to pay $5.10 for premium that I am considering organizing a march of people pushing cars on empty tanks. Anyone and everyone. US, JDM Chicago, even normal people.

It would be nice to push our cars one mile somewhere in Chicago, maybe near Obamas old house. The message needs to be clear that we are livid and are not just going to deal with it.

I know to never make decisions or think when angry, but I know I am not the only one.

Any interest in doing this?

I am about to google how to do this legally. Permits, police, etc.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I am open to ideas guys, but let's keep it legal.

There are many reasons for set gasoline prices, but what caused this most recent spike?

I have not looked it up yet, but no matter who is responsible I think we should make our voices heard.

It took a year of people not riding busses to remove the black and white areas.... but we cannot be without our cars. We cannot hit them where it hurts... the bank.

We can at least show our disgust, but I would rather have some sort of positive impact on our efforts.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
You do know it's going back down at the end of the month right?

2 reasons i found why it jump so sudden. Some group in Colorado was protesting anti American jobs the next is a bp plant near is expanding while another is having some cleaning done. Let me check my Facebook later i got the info from couple friends. I'll post what they said exactly.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I'm surprised you didn't say it's because of Harpp or some goofy shit like that.

It's bullshit that they are getting so high. There is always a reason for a jump. When one reason ends, it's another one. Yeah they may drop $0.10 next week, but the following week it will got up $0.12. With that cycle cents turn into dollars really quick.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You do know it's going back down at the end of the month right?

2 reasons i found why it jump so sudden. Some group in Colorado was protesting anti American jobs the next is a bp plant near is expanding while another is having some cleaning done. Let me check my Facebook later i got the info from couple friends. I'll post what they said exactly.

The insane gas prices are pretty much in IL only. Its still $3.30/gallon in AZ. When i drove back to IL from AZ 2-3 weeks ago, gas prices were pretty steady across the country, until i drove into IL and saw an immediate $0.40-$0.50 spike. So I dont think something that happened in CO is gunna affect IL only.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Boycott one company.

If a consumer group would tally gas prices each month at a group of random stations and then announce which company had the highest prices for the month, that company could be boycotted for the following month. If enough people boycotted that brand, oil companies would eventually do their best to not be the highest on the list which would result in lower prices.

The tallying part would be easy. Apps like Gas Buddy would be able to list many stations' prices at a time. A different city could be randomly picked each month. It would only take one person in that city an hour or less to get and tally the results. Then you'd need one of the bigger consumer protection groups getting on board and publicizing the results each month.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
....or start investing in biomass ethanol producing companies.
...garbage dumps from the last 200 years could be the black gold of tomorrow....

convert to CNG and refill at your house meter. iirc a study said that a cars range with cng would cover the daily mileage needs of something like 80% of households.

id do it with my truck and be dual fuel with gas for extended range (file this among "my dreams that just continue to rust in the driveway" folder)

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
Boycott one company.

If a consumer group would tally gas prices each month at a group of random stations and then announce which company had the highest prices for the month, that company could be boycotted for the following month. If enough people boycotted that brand, oil companies would eventually do their best to not be the highest on the list which would result in lower prices.

The tallying part would be easy. Apps like Gas Buddy would be able to list many stations' prices at a time. A different city could be randomly picked each month. It would only take one person in that city an hour or less to get and tally the results. Then you'd need one of the bigger consumer protection groups getting on board and publicizing the results each month.

People didn't even boycott BP after they killed half of the Gulf of Mexico, nor after they ruined a shitload off cars with bad gas last year. Americans don't fucking care enough to do anything.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
People didn't even boycott BP after they killed half of the Gulf of Mexico, nor after they ruined a shitload off cars with bad gas last year. Americans don't fucking care enough to do anything.

I know. It'll take higher prices to convince enough people to do anything organized. Oil companies are very good at slowly escalating prices and dropping them enough to head off consumer anger when the companies' execs think they're pushing too hard.

I'm just throwing this idea out because it would work and, if prices get high enough, the idea may have spread enough by that time that someone connected with a consumer group grabs the ball and runs with it. If Mobil profits, for example, drop 30% in a month where they are being boycotted, they WILL notice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info