Nissan Paint Beelowwsss

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I had issue with my front bumper paint peeling.
my dad's truck had issues with bubbling in the " gutters"

both fixed by a local dealer. now I notice "rust" specs on the bed
full story here :

2009 Pro-4X peeling paint - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum

pictures of the recent debacle

20130526_142313_zps65f3e826.jpg

20130526_141926_zpsa8454e21.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I ultimately got rid of my beloved Q45 because the paint was just terrible. It very easily scratches, was really thin and the wheel wells were starting to bubble rust on the inside of them. I think it's pretty accepted that Nissan paint sucks right?

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
A guy at my work has a 2012 ( i think) White King Ranch F-250 with the same problem . Says so far Ford is refusing to do anything . I asked him if the truck was ever repainted before . He said the front bumper was done . But he said the rust is all over the truck .

The reason why i asked him is because usually rust forms underneath the paint . Not the paint rusting . This leads me to believe that the rust impurities were somehow laid onto the paint from something . Someone above said rail yard dust . But not sure if that would happen . The paint on the truck would have been dried already from the factory .

Other causes would be painting in the factory then impurities in the air stuck to the truck while paint was drying . Possible but factory paint is usually very good .

Or being repainted at a body shop and they have a bad spray booth that allows impurities to be in the air and then it falls and sticks to the paint . Or them welding or working on a section of the car (welding or sanding) and they do not tape off the whole car . Then the flakes fall and stick to the paint and windows . Then they only paint the fixed/damaged area and do not realize the materials that landed on the rest of the car .

Brake dust . Semi metallic pads thowing dust up that is so hot it sticks to the paint . The most common thing about pads is when someone goes metal to metal on the pads and the wheel and fenders turn orange from the metal dust .

Just some ideas . :riski:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Seems to be a big problem with newer imports, not just Nissan. My old '95 Altima had a really durable finish, but my G35 has a terribly soft and fragile clearcoat. I have to be really anal washing my car because even the wrong drying towel will scratch it. They say its stricter enviornment regulations, but im sure its to save a nickel as already said.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
truck has 70,5xx miles now.
warranty is probably out the door even though paint should be 100k

my truck is 4 years old, i keep it clean, waxed and gassed. wtf

my dad has a silver '11 and he has 15k miles. he is starting to get oddly familiar brownish "specs" on the bed.

told him to trade the truck and the vette for a new durango

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
The worst part about nissan paint is it chips down to bare metal, which starts rusting within days. I always park far away or next to an island in parking lots. If a careless person swings their door into my car, I have not only a ding, but exposed metal and rust if not touched up :picard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info