Here is what a C7 sounds like

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That just sounds great. I really love this car. If it would serve any practical purpose in my life I'd totally consider one which I think is a good thing for GM because I'm an audience that never would have considered this car.

They're going to sell a metric ton of these.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Something dont add up. If that car had the dual mode exhaust, it took a rev to close it. Its not normally like that. Engine vacuum closes them almost instantly on start up on the C6. If they work the same, then they should close within a half second. But that is a preproduction model so who knows. But with the flaps open, it sounds awesome.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Something dont add up. If that car had the dual mode exhaust, it took a rev to close it. Its not normally like that. Engine vacuum closes them almost instantly on start up on the C6. If they work the same, then they should close within a half second. But that is a preproduction model so who knows. But with the flaps open, it sounds awesome.

It might be EGR or some sort of smog pump. My car is loud on startup and then after about 15 - 20 seconds it sounds like something shuts and it quiets down significantly. I assume it's a smog pump or EGR opening to hasten warm up. It sounds like that's the same thing here. My M5 was the worst. It sounded like it had an exhaust leak for the first 30 seconds. I remember starting it up at the dealer and thinking I was going to have to fix that.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCyi0RN3bmw

Here's a startup of my car... This was a cold start but it was hot out last night so the car dialed back the timing and lowered the revs pretty quickly which helped to silence the exhaust but still, at 1:12 you can hear a distinct change in the sound of the exhaust, as if something is closing off. On a cold day the revs would still be high at this point, the timing advanced still and the exhaust still pretty loud so the difference is a lot more noticeable but the video still serves the point of showing what I'm talking about.... hopefully.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info