Touchless DIY carwashes in the Arlington heights area that take Debit/Credit cards?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Anyone know if a do it yourself car wash in the Arlington Heights / Buffalo Grove area? Not having a house sucks when you want to wash a car, because well, I have no external running water so I can't wash it myself.

And all of the car washes around here are automated soft touch car washes, even when they advertise themselves as "touchless" its really a soft touch place. I hate those places, i've gotten scratched cars because of stuff stuck on the scrubbers.

Basically looking for one of those places that is just a bay, with a power washer that takes a credit card. Cause I know of a place in Elk Grove thats decently close to work, but they require the use of Tokens, most of the time their machines that exchange $$$ for Tokens are broken.

There is a nice place in Bloomingdale that takes credit cards, but thats 22 miles from home.

They've started construction in the area both at home and at work, every time I come out to my car its covered in a layer of crap. Looks like I work at a construction site.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Dont know of any do it yourself, but not too far from Buffalo Grove/AH is a nice touchless wash called Rt. 62 on Algonquin by Harper College. The only time they make contact with your car is when they hand dry it, the washing process is pressurized water jets. Cheapest wash is $10 and tip, but they do a decent job and spend a good amount of time drying your car too.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Delta Sonic in Palatine is touchless unless you consider the larger hanging rags to be touch. I don't. Plus they wipe it down for you at the end.

I dislike how they advertise that wash as touchless. The hanging rags and those guide wheels that roll on your car (unless they got rid of them) is false advertising.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The delta sonic by me advertises touch-less, but its not touchless. There are automated brushes and soft cloths.

I usually take a bucket with me to the DIY places and while I use the water, I don't use their brushes if I'm planning on washing the car. Or if I don't have a bucket/mitt in the car I blast the hell out of the brush with the power washer before I let it touch the car.

2 bucket washes in my lot don't work I have no way to rinse the nasty concrete dust OFF the car before I start washing it. Hence I'd just be rubbing it on the paint with a wet mitt. And since i can't actually RINSE the car afterwards and there its in direct sunlight it means the times I can wash it are very early in the morning, or very late in the evening or the soap dries on a hot car with in a minute.

But since they are doing all the construction on the car its gets covered with a layer of dust daily, alot of dust. There is no way to escape it.

All I want is a quick bay to pull in, rinse all the dust off, and drive off.

My god are you allergic to cash?

Its not the cash, its the Tokens, aka not real money. And if the machine that takes the $$$ and gives you tokens is broken, you can't use it.

Twice I've been there, and its taken the $$$ and not given tokens. And it seems rarely is there an attendant on site to take care of that. I got tired of wasting my $$$ on that.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Busy Bee, in hoffman, is probably what you're looking for. I haven't been there in a while, but you bring your own stuff and they supply the water and soap.

Also across the street there is a touch free car wash at the mobil. I always go there when I'm too lazy to wash it myself. Uses air blow dryers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info