Motorcycle almost rear ended

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
I don't get why the altima stopped? was it waiting for the other bikers to move first?

Alright so I just did some research. This happened in Tennessee. Apparently it is tradition to "Brake" for the dead, meaning pull over and stop, when there is a funeral procession.
I thought it might be a law, but in fact it is illegal, but rarely enforced. I guess some lawmakers are trying to make it legal now.
Either way, the guy in the truck was not paying attention and caused the accident.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
Alright so I just did some research. This happened in Tennessee. Apparently it is tradition to "Brake" for the dead, meaning pull over and stop, when there is a funeral procession.
I thought it might be a law, but in fact it is illegal, but rarely enforced. I guess some lawmakers are trying to make it legal now.
Either way, the guy in the truck was not paying attention and caused the accident.

its is very common in the south, even southern Illinois for the opposite lane to pull over and bow for the dead. some even tilt their hats. when we buried my brother in gatlinberg they did it and I was in shock. I was actually very moved by the gesture.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
This is the kind of shit that scares me when I ride. I always look behind me when I have to suddenly brake. The biker would have been destroyed if he had stopped in the middle of the lane like most people would.

Awesome move for him to move to the shoulder.

I would hope most riders stop on the side of their lane, not dead center facing the car in front of them. Regardless of the situation, when I'd pull up to a stop light and there was a car in front of me I would stop to one side of the car and point my wheels towards the gap between cars so that if I was hit there would be somewhere for me to go.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
just the other day i had a lady (who happened to be on her phone) almost sandwich me in between a tow truck and her corolla. she was borderline tailing me, and we had to brake hard. i ducked in between lanes, and she ended up inches from the tow truck.
people are retarded, and not paying attention. on a bike you have to anticipate the vehicles around you are going to do the dumbest thing possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info