What should we be selling this truck for?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
My bosses and I are thinking about selling one of our work trucks...We have no idea where to start as far as price...Truck is a 1997 Ford F350 XL dump. Has the 460 and an auto, a plow, an in-bed large stainless salter, 4wd, and 9,100 miles...As it is a plow truck that split it's time between Boston and Chicago, it does have a good amount of rust (also a biproduct of being a Ford product and a plow truck). Help me out truck enthusiasts! It is really solid.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Its got a dump bed, a landscaper will buy it for summer, and guess what? They all plow in the winter too. That said I have no clue what it would be worth, Id throw it out there high, like $8k and see what happens. Its still a 1 ton with low miles, does everything work? How does it look? Maybe touch up the rust a bit.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
987kuq.jpg

mhqe6a.jpg

2zxnrde.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
In the picture below, you can see the dump bed, there are spots that have rusted through, but otherwise it is still really solid

24bj6so.jpg

We had to do some quick patch work, a family of rodents decided to nest in the engine bay and chewed up some of the wiring harness for the fuel injectors. We patched it back together so it runs, but needs a thorough going over replacing the temp wires and connections.

2hmcz9h.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Yeah dude thats a solid ass work truck, perfect for a landscape/plow company. That looks like heavy duty salt spreader too. I'd clean it up a bit, paint some stuff on the cheap and list it at like $8,500. 9,100 miles is crazy low and that bed is some thick ass steel doubt that rust has compromised the integrity at all.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
In the picture below, you can see the dump bed, there are spots that have rusted through, but otherwise it is still really solid

24bj6so.jpg

We had to do some quick patch work, a family of rodents decided to nest in the engine bay and chewed up some of the wiring harness for the fuel injectors. We patched it back together so it runs, but needs a thorough going over replacing the temp wires and connections.

2hmcz9h.jpg

WIRE NUTS DO NOT BELONG ON A CAR!

I know it was a temp fix but that needs to get cleaned up ASAP before something gets fried.

I cant believe the low miles. Like people have said, throw it up for 10k and see what happens

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Haha our engineer is a building electrician, not a mechanic. Needed to be moved ASAP and that's what we had available. With that being said its moved all of 1/2 mile since that was done. That will definitely be cleaned up well before we even think about putting it up for sale. And BTW that blue is actually HVAC plastic tubing, any heat and that shit will melt, kinda telling how quick and dirty we had to do things :roflpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info