What station do you get your E85 from?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Not all stations are created equal. I had a batch from a local Thornton that when tested had a thick layer of separation which looked like some sort of crud picked up from the underground tank. Meanwhile the shell by my house has great fuel and recently tested out to exactly 85% ethanol. Fwiw, she'll seems to be the most consistent by me. Test your fuels though.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Shell on Jefferson and i55
1752F0FB-566B-41F4-9B12-252329ADF240-388-000000185F063973_zps63b56348.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Not all stations are created equal. I had a batch from a local Thornton that when tested had a thick layer of separation which looked like some sort of crud picked up from the underground tank. Meanwhile the shell by my house has great fuel and recently tested out to exactly 85% ethanol. Fwiw, she'll seems to be the most consistent by me. Test your fuels though.

Isn't that just a matter of how often people are getting it though? I thought I read that E85 separates pretty quickly and can't sit in the tanks nearly as long as traditional fuel.

I grab mine from the gas station on Plum Grove and Higgins next to the Lifetime Fitness.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Isn't that just a matter of how often people are getting it though? I thought I read that E85 separates pretty quickly and can't sit in the tanks nearly as long as traditional fuel.

I grab mine from the gas station on Plum Grove and Higgins next to the Lifetime Fitness.

They ran out of E85 too many times on me last summer, so I started driving the 3-4 miles north to POC

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX

What I'm referring to is all the deposits in the line of separations that are not the hydrocarbons that separate. In the test pic I posted you can see a very thin and clear line of separation. The stuff I had at Thornton looked like it had grungy crap floating in the desperation area. E85 absorbs water from atmosphere so letting it sit for long periods at a time in unsealed containers will absorb a lot of water. Sealed not all that much but it can occur.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
I guess it does not really matter as I live in NWI but I was curious as to where you fill up on E85. Seems that Meijer has E85 and the gas stations that were Gas City. I need to figure out what stations in my area have E85 before i do the switch

I get mine from the new speedway on 109th and broadway, buddy tested meijer on us. 30 and came to e83. Not to bad since not summer yet.

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
I get mine from the new speedway on 109th and broadway, buddy tested meijer on us. 30 and came to e83. Not to bad since not summer yet.

Didn't even know that new speedway had it. I got mine from meijer on rt30 in merrillville or meijer on 41 in Schererville all last summer.

This year ill be getting all of mine from family express on 109th and Randolph. They have been a 2.99 a gallon since November last year lol. I can see thiw station from my house almost if there weren't a tree line in the way. Don't get no better than that.

Smug have you always lived in nwi or did you move recently?

Closest station to you woukd prolly be that new speedway on 109th and broadway. If not the meijer on rt 30 in mvillle but they are usaully always a good 30-40 cents more per gallon than family express out here in winfield.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info