Portable Welder(Need someone)

Does anyone have some places to recommend or someone they know that can do a reliable job of welding on my Fiero? The whole rear sub-frame/cradle is removed so it's difficult moving it to a body shop to do it.

It's a shot in the dark, but I would just need them to come to my house and weld in a couple small spots. I'm not sure exactly how much should be cut away, but it's at least the size of this circle with the screw in it:

New_LHS_Lower_Rear_Frame.JPG

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Please elaborate.

I read it as you want someone to put in some simple tack welds on something similar to that sheetmetal washer with the half painted bolt going thru it.

I'm in Lombard and have a portable 110v welder that could reproduce something like that easily.

If you are looking for 1/4" plate steel, main frame load bearing welds, that would not be the proper tool for that job.

Please elaborate.

I read it as you want someone to put in some simple tack welds on something similar to that sheetmetal washer with the half painted bolt going thru it.

I'm in Lombard and have a portable 110v welder that could reproduce something like that easily.

If you are looking for 1/4" plate steel, main frame load bearing welds, that would not be the proper tool for that job.

Yeah that came out a lot more vague than I wanted it to. Im going to be cutting a section out around that circle and i need a new section welded in. I would say its about 1/4" thick. Its part of the frame that holds the engine cradle. Ill have to double check where the closest 220v outlet is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info