6pt vs 8pt roll bar/cage

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
so the guy doing my roll bar called me yesterday to tell me it was finished, i plan on picking it up tonight when he gets to his shop. but i drove by and peeked through the windows to check it out and wasn't to happy....

1) it is a 6pt not a 8pt like we discussed. so there is no diagonals going to the trans tunnel. ...is there a difference in which a 6pt vs a 8pt when it comes to the track rules? i tried searching and couldn't figure out. im trying to decided wether or not to complain since he is doing it on the side.

2) there is no bar padding as he said there would be. granted, the padding is dirt cheap online, but should i mention it since it was "promised"

3) he said he would weld be on a back support bracket for my kirkey, but once again this was not complete.

4) my seat belt harness is a H-haness so there should be to tabs welded onto the crossbar, instead he welded a single tab for a V-type harness. and he didn't weld the tab on the floor for the crotch strap. i even sent the harness with the car so he would know.

would you guys complain and get him to do as "promised" or just move on? he is a known guy and is doing it on the side. price discussed was $800 for everything just mentioned.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
how the hell did you see all thatthrough the window lol

because i was specifically looking for it. lol

picked the car up, he apologized. i was supposed to take it back next week to have subframe connectors welded in, he told me to make him a list of things needed done/corrected and he would do them all the same day. :jg:

check out the members build section for pics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info