Electric Water Pumps... Thoughts?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
they are pretty reliable unless you get stuck on the side of the road with a belt routing that doesnt allow for a 30$ mechanical pump and results inb a 200+$ tow bill

I have AAA so the hell if I care about a tow :hsughlol:.

I CAN use a mechanical pump, but the back of the belt would only be skimming maybe 10% of the pulley.

I have read about guys who take them on long road trips keeping one in the trunk just in case.

Not planning on any trips more than an hour either way (To Byron/GLD/etc)

And back to AAA if I get a failure, but a spare will be in order if I do take it on any serious trips.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ProForm pumps are about 2/3rds the price, and I have ProForm rockers and Intake manifold, and nothing but good things to say.

Reviews aren't really negative either, so I think I'll take that gamble, and see how the setup is and just replace it with a Meziere if I get an early failure outside of warranty.

KISS is the name of the game for my project... and a belt that is just alternator to crank is VERY tempting...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i dont see it getting any simpler than a 30$ "Vbelt" pump and a belt that easily goes around all 3 with full contact

Do you have a link to what you are thinking? Because I'm not really putting it together... I have Explorer front Dress, so I don't have V-belts for anything, and only a single spot on my crank for a ribbed belt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info