Need help finding a brass fitting locally

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I'm looking for a 1/8" BSPT male to 1/8" NPT male fitting or a 1/8" BSPT male to 1/4" female NPT.

I found them online, but I don't really need any other piece and don't want to pay shipping for a $2 item. Looking for local place that might carry this. Checked ACE and TruValue. Lowes didn't have any and called Home Depot but they had no clue what BSPT was.

Any suggestions on local places? Thanks

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Maybe Fastenal?

Just called them. No luck

British Straight Pipe Thread, right? pretty uncommon. Elgin Ace hardware that has everything would be my last resort. Internet is easier. Time is money.

Yeah British Straight Pipe Thread. Internet is easier, but I wanna test fit if possible because I have what I thought was an adapter, but it won't thread on correctly. I can't tell if the threads on the hose are fucked up or they sent the wrong adapter.

Returning what I have (bought online) will cost more than I paid.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
When I needed specialty items for my power washing business, I would buy from a plumber's supply business (as mentioned above). If I couldn't find them there, the internet was the only other place that usually had them. You can sometimes get stores like Ace or Home Depot to order an item but it's a pain in the posterior.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Found one at an O'Reilleys in Princeton IL.... :roflpicard:
Too funny. :rofl:

Another place to check for specialty plumbing supplies is a power washer sales/service company like Hotsy or one of their competitors. They probably won't have the piece in stock but they have plenty of plumbing supply catalogs and will order one.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
British Straight Pipe Thread, right? pretty uncommon. Elgin Ace hardware that has everything would be my last resort. Internet is easier. Time is money.

your thinking of British Standard Pipe Parallel

Yeah British Straight Pipe Thread. Internet is easier, but I wanna test fit if possible because I have what I thought was an adapter, but it won't thread on correctly. I can't tell if the threads on the hose are fucked up or they sent the wrong adapter.

Returning what I have (bought online) will cost more than I paid.

its British Standard Pipe Taper

different threadform flat sellers vs whitworth but notably the TPI is slightly different npt being 27tpi and bsp being 28

if your sure its british standard and not a metric pipe thread, and the fittings are brass (relatively soft/malleable) you can force em together. the toyota's oil pressure sender was BSPT and i just rtv'd it and screwed it into a 1/4npt male to 1/8 npt female adaptor.

you sure you need two male ends? that you need a 1/8th npt pipe nipple with one end bspt?
i have some threadform gauges if your able to swing by sometime
but yeah the ace on 20 is a good joint to try

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
your thinking of British Standard Pipe Parallel

its British Standard Pipe Taper

different threadform flat sellers vs whitworth but notably the TPI is slightly different npt being 27tpi and bsp being 28

if your sure its british standard and not a metric pipe thread, and the fittings are brass (relatively soft/malleable) you can force em together. the toyota's oil pressure sender was BSPT and i just rtv'd it and screwed it into a 1/4npt male to 1/8 npt female adaptor.

you sure you need two male ends? that you need a 1/8th npt pipe nipple with one end bspt?
i have some threadform gauges if your able to swing by sometime
but yeah the ace on 20 is a good joint to try

I have a 1/8 NPT to 1/4 NPT adapter that I need to connect to this 1/8 BSP hose. It threads on a little bit but not very far. I'd only be running 30psi max through this line. You think some RTV/Teflon tape and screw in as best I can will work?

Carquest has the adapter for $6. I'll grab it see how it screws in and then go from there. Its going onto a CO2 line so ideally I don't want leaks...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I have a 1/8 NPT to 1/4 NPT adapter that I need to connect to this 1/8 BSP hose. It threads on a little bit but not very far. I'd only be running 30psi max through this line. You think some RTV/Teflon tape and screw in as best I can will work?

Carquest has the adapter for $6. I'll grab it see how it screws in and then go from there. Its going onto a CO2 line so ideally I don't want leaks...

I wouldn't jury rig it like that. It probably won't hold up. Get the adapter(s) and do it right.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
it is not a sailing vessel, see example 2
To fix or put together using non-standard or improvised materials. A derivation of jury-rig, from the nautical term jury mast. This term refers to a temporary mast raised when the normal mast has been lost due to storm or battle. This is probably a short form of injury mast.
Not to be confused with Jerry-built, which refers to an original construction of poor quality.

Urban Dictionary: jerry-rig

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info