Major upgrade to my tow rig

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
After deciding to trailer my boat instead of keeping it wet, I figured it was time to upgrade the tow rig. I was using a 99 V10 F250, reg cab for the past year. Only having room for one other person, plus a bare bones work truck package really blows to tow with regularly.

I started casually browsing for an older GMC Sierra Denali on Easter morning over a cup of coffee. This one popped up at a local dealer, and i couldnt resist going to take a look at it even though the dealer was closed. Had a friend pull up the service history for the truck and someone here grabbed me a carfax on it. Today I left work 2 hours early to clean up the BMW a bit and set off for the dealer. After a bit of haggling I walked out with a price i was very happy with and drove this home tonight:

2007 Sierra Denali 6.2L AWD. All the standard Denali fare on board, rear DVD/entertainment package, and towing package. Im not sure what else is "extra" beyond the already well optioned base.

The obligatory cell phone photo shoot.

denali1.jpg

denali4.jpg

denali3.jpg

denali2.jpg

It appears to be mostly stock. There are chrome bed rail covers, ventshades, truxedo tonneau cover, drop in bed liner and an Air Lift load leveling spring system on the rear axle.

Looking to add:
-FastMotorsports tune
-Some sort of cold air intake
-Pull off the ugly ass ventshades
-5k-5300k HID low beams
-20% tint on the two front windows
-Aftermarket trans cooler? I'll tow with it a few times to see how temps do.
-Hellwig sway bar
-2/3 drop. Still doing some research on this.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Thanks guys! It's a very nice truck inside and out. Very comfortable, upscale and well optioned.

Frank, a tune will do wonders for the shifts on these transmissions. I can stand the stock programming on it. Im not so much interested in performance as I am mileage and having a quality calibration tuned into the truck.

Placed an order on amazon for a cold air intake and some weathertech floor mats. May as well get the mods out of the way

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The Weathertech factory store isn't far from you:

Factory Store
MacNeil Automotive Products Limited
841 Remington Blvd
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Hours
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Central
Saturday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central
Sunday
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central

Congrats, looks fancy!

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
nooooooooootttttttttttt blaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

anyways, congrats on a nice truck !! any chance you are going to put some sort of exhaust ?

There were no other trucks even remotely close by, in the price range I was looking for, and with reasonable miles, even in black. I think black is the best color on these trucks, I'd still rather have a white one though. Cleaning black sucks, especially a vehicle of this size.

Zero chance of putting exhaust on it. I want it quiet and comfortable to drive. I'm way way way over driving a vehicle with loud exhaust. Factory is 3.5" pipe and the only benefits would be sound.

The Weathertech factory store isn't far from you:

Congrats, looks fancy!
Thanks! I bought some weathertech mats on amazon already. Forgot about the factory being down the street.

Nice truck. The Denalis are sexy ass trucks to roll in.
Thank you sir, I definitely agree.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info