Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 2013 or 2014 Subaru Forester XT

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
My STi is officially gone. So in the coming months i'll be researching and looking for a great deal on a new car. I don't really need a new car until late fall/early winter, so I can afford to look and toss out low ball offers in search of a great deal. I have narrowed it down to a handful of cars. I have also went on test drives of all but the Infiniti and XT. Looking to spend 25k-30k max

So the choices

-2006 Mercedes s65 amg
This is a big car, talking like 4" of space between knees and back of seat, sitting behind a 6 foot driver big. It's big on power too 604 hp and 738 ft lbs
The downside of this car is it's a v12 bi turbo and likes gas a lot, lol, 18 mpg highway. It was also redesigned in 07, so the 06 interior, although it is loaded with features, it looks dated
33300846_1.jpg

-2007 Mercedes e63 amg
This is still a big car, but more the normal size of a full size sedan. Again, loaded with power. Being an 07, it looks more updated both inside and out. It gets 19-20 mpg and makes 507 hp and 465 ft lbs
2006-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-6.jpg

-2007 Lexus LS460
Another huge car, similar in size as the s65. It is by far the most comfortable. It also has by far the most tech. It would be more of a commuter car. No muscle/sportyness, but I do enjoy the look, fit and finish of it. It gets 24 mpg and has 380 hp and 367 ft lbs.
2007_Lexus_LS_460_Starfire_Pearl.jpg

-2011 Infiniti M56
I have not driven this car. I didn't think they were affordable, but found out they are pretty close to my range, and probably will be by the time I am ready to buy. This car gets 25 mpg and makes 420 hp and 417 ft lbs
2011-infiniti-m56-front-three-quarter.jpg

-2013-2014 Subaru XT
I have not driven this car either. I think if I can pick one up slightly used I can get one in my price range, maybe with some good options as well. I would prefer the 2014 since it makes more power, 2013 makes 227 hp, vs. 250 hp in the 2014. It gets 28mpg highway. It seems like they did away with the scoop, I can't confirm this, but even on subaru.com they show no scoop.
overview_modal.png

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I can't believe the m56 is that cheap wow, then again how close is close?

My dad has an LS 460 and its a great cruiser just not fun, he liked his 7 series bmws because they were a perfect blend of sport and touring... I think you would have a better combo in the m just imho

Both of those MBs are bad ass as heck, I worked at the mercedes dealer for over 2 years in st charles and saw some insane vehicles come through the shop...

Those bi turbo 65s with just a tune make like 800+ trq and some crazy hp as well

I really enjoy the 63 e class in the previous body style.

The kicker on those 2 mbs is you better do your homework on maint and fixing stuff... I'm not joking whenyou could easily have a 5 thousand dollar repair bill if anything mechanical goes wrong and omg so nany electronics... huge $$$ when the air matic suspension has issues

Just for kicks price out what the cost of doing the front brakes alone on either AMG would be... use online prices lol just to get cheapest prices, not if you went to a dealer even!

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
Just for kicks price out what the cost of doing the front brakes alone on either AMG would be... use online prices lol just to get cheapest prices, not if you went to a dealer even!

you speak the truth, they use 2 piece front rotors that are like $700-$900 each!!! The S65 is the same way...damn...not sure I want a 2k-3k brake job.

and yeah, the m56 you can pick up for with 50-60k miles for the low 30's, you don't find many priced that low though

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
What about an M5? Out of all of those, the e63 is probably my favorite. Dare I say CTS-V?

I've thought about the cts-v, but they are too expensive, currently, from what I see they are high 30's for halfway decent miles, a lot more than I want to spend. Should I say an auto cts-v is that expensive. This car needs to be auto since it'll be the larger car, my wife will need to be able to drive it too, if she takes new baby, stroller, etc...somewhere, she'll want to take this car, so that will also disqualify the M5, since you can get an auto, but it'll have to be brand new and cost about 100k, lol

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
seems like I forgot the m56 in the poll, I'm starting to lean that way. I'm going to have to find one to test drive. Love the amg's, but that cost of a brake job is scaring me a bit

my buddy's dad had a tuned s600 biturbo that pulled like a freight train on the highway. it started having a lot of electrical issues, so he dumped it for a lexus. the benz is such a badass car but maintenance alone is outrageous. and when (not if) something breaks, it's even bigger money. i would only own if it was under warranty.

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL
yeah, that's how i'm starting to feel about them. I don't think i have deep enough pockets for it. 2 grand or more for brakes is just outrageous. Might have to rethink my list, sucks, cause I really liked that e63, it was basically at the top of my list until tonight. I'm searching to see if I can find any replacement one piece rotors, lol

Soulonfire11

Regular
Aug 13, 2009
I've thought about the cts-v, but they are too expensive, currently, from what I see they are high 30's for halfway decent miles, a lot more than I want to spend. Should I say an auto cts-v is that expensive. This car needs to be auto since it'll be the larger car, my wife will need to be able to drive it too, if she takes new baby, stroller, etc...somewhere, she'll want to take this car, so that will also disqualify the M5, since you can get an auto, but it'll have to be brand new and cost about 100k, lol

M5s have always came with the auto SMG trans. AutoTrader.com

budsang1

From 45's to STi's
Jan 25, 2010
Galesburg, IL

That's the one I want, I'm searching for ways to replace the two piece rotors with normal rotors. I doubt the changes will be much. I am for sure not getting a car that has a $2,000+ brake job, and that is if I'm wrenching it myself. I've seen some threads about using c63 and e55 rotors, but nothing definitive yet.

I'm finding some aftermarket two piece rotors that are $1,368 a pair, then $752 for the outer rotor ring...getting a little better

Thread Info