anybody know anything about air ride suspensions?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Its great until your compressor takes a crap or a valve sticks and you fucked sitting in a Mc Donald's parking lot in freezing weather and you cant fit a jack under the truck.

Dont ask how I know.

You will have to back half the frame with a c notch and cut your inner fenders all out. Now that you cut the inner front fenders you will need to relocate your fuse box, coolant bottle, maybe the battery. Thats if you want to go low.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I feel like none of that is necessary unless slamming it is the end goal; which KJ stated wasn't.

Probably easiest/cheapest to just go with drop springs and nice shocks especially if you're driving thru winter. All that air bag stuff looks like bare aluminum (or just cleared) which is going to get fucked by salt hard core.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Its great until your compressor takes a crap or a valve sticks and you fucked sitting in a Mc Donald's parking lot in freezing weather and you cant fit a jack under the truck.

Dont ask how I know.

You will have to back half the frame with a c notch and cut your inner fenders all out. Now that you cut the inner front fenders you will need to relocate your fuse box, coolant bottle, maybe the battery. Thats if you want to go low.

Lol wait wait. Where did that happen

Not worth it unless you want to lay out on frame

I don't

I feel like none of that is necessary unless slamming it is the end goal; which KJ stated wasn't.

Probably easiest/cheapest to just go with drop springs and nice shocks especially if you're driving thru winter. All that air bag stuff looks like bare aluminum (or just cleared) which is going to get fucked by salt hard core.

True true true

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
The best in the buisness is air ride technologies. Used them in my alero and other cars. Never one issue not one problem with solonoids comressor. Switch panel. Nothing!!
Or their is air lift company another great good company quality prodcuts as well
My alero was not a daily driver but when i did drive it the struts were 3 way adjustable for ride quality. I had it aligned at 50 psi which gave a 2 inch drop and the ride was awesome. It rode like a lowering spring
I personally love air ride and daily driving would be no problem you will enjoy it

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
air ride is something ive always wanted to put on a truck... ive dealt with a lot of systems on semis and trailers and read a shit load about them on cars and trucks - they can go from mild to wild (nice slammed look while parked then nice ride height while cruising - to - laying frame and sparks while going down the highway)

that being said, you can DD an air ride system in the winter as long as you maintain the system and use quality parts - a c notch in the rear is 99% a must (but easy and safe to do) and cutting the inner fenders out of the front depends on how low you go and how aggressive the wheel/tire combo is... there are plenty of kits out there from plenty of companies - cheaper is not always better. Airbagit.com offers a lot of options for the do-it-yourselfer but bigger companies like air ride technologies off complete plug and play kits that usually require minimal fab/welding if any

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info