2007 Crew Cab 2wd 4.8 short bed 1500 classic sierra 3.23 gears... mpg?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
throwing a turbo on it would change the game though ;)

Actually, if I could re-do it I would have gotten the same thing your looking at right now. I wanted a crew cab but the tiny bed ruined it for me

I'm never really going to pull anything. My dad has a suburban, a Tahoe and a 71 gmc pickup, and my lil brother has a built f250, so I'm pretty covered. A small turbo setup down the road would be killer.

Bed size is fine for me. I don't haul much

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I had a 01 1500 ex cab with a 4.8 and a 5 speed. Don't remember what rear gear. Truck got great MPG. I got 23 all highway with it once. Would get 18-20 highway and 16-18 mixed.

It sucked balls for towing though. We nicknamed the truck the ball-less wonder. Had a tough time with a 4 place snowmobile trailer with 4 sleds on it.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
yeah i wouldn't have that scenario. did you like it for just normal cruising though?

Yeah, it was a nice truck to drive around. Rode nice and got good mpg. As long as you didn't ask it to do to anything really heavy it was fine. I will say the Ford (04 FX4 crew cab 35.4 3v) I have now feels like much more of a solid truck and tows way better, but doesn't get near the mpg. But for around town and having something something with a bed to throw stuff in the Chevy was great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info