Wife's New DD

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Me and the wife (s/n ihrt02blueGT on here) have both owned our current cars for 8+ years, since her's was the shittier one. She go this last week:

(I take Shitty Pics, so these are just images of the same version of car from Carmax's website, LOL)

9169759-3-5-65eaca1b.jpg

9097555-4-3-01b4883c.jpg

9169759-21-5-5fd0c23b.jpg

9169759-31-5-59ff0159.jpg

9169759-7-5-c697c621.jpg

Hers has these wheels:

9097564-8-5-caa1791b.jpg

Its a 2012 Chevy Captivia Sport. Thing has only 11k miles, and is fully loaded; 264hp 3.0L, sunroof, heated front seats, 17' chrome rims. All options other than navigation, AWD, and the 18's.

For those of you that haven't heard of this model, it is basically a Saturn Vue. When GM shut down Saturn, they decided to continue producing the Vue in Mexico, so they renamed it the Captivia and only sold it to fleets. 95% of the parts seem to be shared with the Equinox, the frame and body are just smaller.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Congrats. I'm sure that hp in that little thing must feel peppy.

Yeah it moves really good, It's got the 6 speed with manual mode too. Especially coming from her 140hp 4 speed cavalier.

P.S. 95% sure this SUV is faster than my GP :roflpicard::roflpicard:

All I found are the AWD numbers, this may be closer than I want.
0-60 mph (s): 7.8

0-100 mph (s):23.1

Drag times:

0- 1/4mile (s):16.3

0- 1km (s):29.5

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
when can we pull the bumper covers off and see if the aluminum bumper bars will work on W bodies?

The SUV is almost 1.5 ft narrower than the gp, so no, they will not work without heavy modification. Run without one you pussy, the gp has 15ft of hood to crumple before you get any impact force.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Damn man congrats! I am kind of surprised that fleets are getting rid of these so soon

en terprise flips cars when the markets right and only when the market is right... they will never sell a car for a loss from what they paid for it from the Manufacturer- and they are the largest rental car company in the world- with a fleet of over a million cars.

They dictate a lot of what happens in the used car market by what they hold on to, sell & purchase. We had some cars when I worked there that got sold within three months after we got them- from new nonetheless with under a few k at most on them.

If a vehicle they own is selling currently at auctions or on their lots (enterprise sells direct to public but doesn't advertise it anywhere) they will begin to off anything and everything they have.

Additionally- sort of sketchy about rental vehicles is e nterprise at the very minimum (national included too because E owns them) but possibly other rental agencys- are self insured.

What that means is that if any rental car from national or E gets into an accident nothing WILL EVER show up on a carfax or vin report ever. They have their own shops where the vehicles get fixed and they just pay for the repairs outright, typically the cars are also repaired with a substantial amount of haste to get them back on the road as quickly as possible. Things like overspray are typical, in addition to a plethora of aftermarket parts.

Most cars never are in accidents, from the locations around here, but the ones that are, I wouldn't touch with a 20 foot pole.

If you totally understood how it all works (simple as shit really but something I'd rather explain in person than online)

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I see rental vehicles with accidents listed on Autocheck quite frequently, but that's due to a police report being filed... If you know what to look for, it's relatively easy to determine if any panels on a given car have ever been repainted or replaced.

A few of us here work for Carmax. Glad you are happy with the vehicle!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
enterprise is owned by country companies...

i dont know if i would have bought that SUV though - wont parts be hard to find since they never reall made it here?

Its a 2010 Saturn VUE with a 2012 equinox engine and trans. It is all standard gm parts, hell, the front brake calipers are the dual piston ones from the 97-02 f body. I don't know of a GM car or truck that has hard to find mechanical Parts..... Body parts on the other hand.......

Gm did sell a shit ton of these to the fleets, and as KJ said, since they are worth the same or more on the used market as Enterprise and others pay for em, they will keep flipping them into the market.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
i'd like to hear what your impressions are of this car, my ol lady is due for a new car and I've been looking at these.

I like it, the transmision likes to upshift early (I'm told most modern A6 transmissions do this) , and the manual mode is a joke. Other than that, it drives nice (It is an SUV though, so there is body roll and a mediocre turn radius.), the seats are comfortable. The Ipod connectivity is awesome, I haven't messed with the bluetooth yet, but I'm sure its fine. We test drove two of these, a murano, a rouge, a crv, and a few others and for the $$ this was the best. If you go with the V6, fuel mileage isn't great, it comes with a ECO mode, and it does raise the mpg's, but my wife describes driving in ECO mode as "Cutting off the car's balls" so I doubt it has much use off-highway.

When we were on our honeymoon, we had a Chevy Traverse for about 5k miles, and this SUV feels very similar, just the smaller version.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I see rental vehicles with accidents listed on Autocheck quite frequently, but that's due to a police report being filed... If you know what to look for, it's relatively easy to determine if any panels on a given car have ever been repainted or replaced.

A few of us here work for Carmax. Glad you are happy with the vehicle!

Yea I recognized that shop area..........that was taken at ours not Hillsides.
Congrats nice buy.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Yea I recognized that shop area..........that was taken at ours not Hillsides.
Congrats nice buy.

I think the pics were of a similar car, not his, that he saw on the website. He might not know about being able to link to the owner's page for his own car. :)

I was too lazy to find the exact one, so I grabbed a few different ones off of Carmax's website. They are not all the same actual car.

But we bought it from the Carmax in Schaumburg. 3rd car I've bought there actually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info