emissions....

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
i think i just need to drive the car alot more, ive had the battery die on me this winter, and i only drove it maybe 20 miles after that..so im sure nothing is gonna show ready.

Most GM vehicles will show ready after 17 miles driven AND 10 starts.
Use to have a truck with a nagging code because of vacuum hose that would sometimes pull loose from a rubber boot. After I reset the code and did the above it would show ready.

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
It'll pass, just make sure you take it for a good drive before you bring it in. An hour should be good enough to make sure it goes through all the readiness checks. If I remember correctly, not all of the readiness checks have to be set, something like 3 out of the 5 will do. Dont get all freaked out over this, like we said as long as the CEL is off your good to go. I brought my GS in twice already since I deleted the CAT and EGR crap. Passed with no problems at all.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
ok, so realisitcally, if im allowed 3 passing i/m monitors with it being a 99, i should pass emissions according to my tech 2.
602062_10200268537908968_832905815_n.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
This is yet another reason why I love being able to tune my own car. Set all "SES enable" boxes checked, and all of their "Error modes" to 3-No Error Reported and it doesn't matter what the hell you have done. It will show as ready the instant you start the car, and pass a scan with flying colors. I did this last fall for the ex's truck that had a few codes thrown that I hadn't dealt with yet.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
the only problem is...in order for the car to go into sd mode, it needs to se a maf code...(103,104,105) otherwise itll keep wanting to run a maf...there was a code in there for the maf, but it passed its last test, and there were no hard codes for it..ill wait for the streets to dry up and take it...hopefully by the end of th week!

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
well, as i thought i would, got rejected at emissions..i checked with the tech 2 scanner, and i have enough im monitors to pass, and no hard set ses light codes..but i do have a pending/passed maf sensor code that wont go away obviousy because the maf is missing..

time to start rackin my brain figuring this out!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
well, as i thought i would, got rejected at emissions..i checked with the tech 2 scanner, and i have enough im monitors to pass, and no hard set ses light codes..but i do have a pending/passed maf sensor code that wont go away obviousy because the maf is missing..

time to start rackin my brain figuring this out!

According to how I remember it, your 1999 computer is old enough where you can simply set all DTC's with the "SES Enable" boxes ALL checked for ALL DTC's. Then set all "Error Modes" to 3-No Error Reported. This assumes that the MAF is no longer physically in the car as well. The computer will default to SD mode even without setting a DTC for it because it doesn't "see" the MAF. In the newer computers you would have to do the same thing except leave the P0103 DTC as a MIL on Second Error because the computer does need to "see" a MAF fail DTC before reverting to SD mode even if the MAF has been physically removed and MAF transfer table zeroed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info